Privateer 2 crash

Crowley

Rear Admiral
After playing for a while the game hangs up whenever I try to land on a planet. The following Windows error message appears:

Application Error: C:\DARK\DARK.EXE

The instruction at 0043e7b6 referenced memory at 00dd96d6
The memory could not be read from
Click OK to terminate the application

Could you also post your system setup and whether you already use the windows patch? might help to analyse the problem ;)

WELCOME!!!! I had this problem, too. But you can "solve" it.

I guess you use the Win95 Version.

I played till Disc 2 when this problem appeard. At this time I had 2 missions I had to solve. Erevy time I tried to land on a planet the game crashed. Even trying to solve one of these mission didn't help cause the game also crashed after a longer space flight.

I reloaded an older savegame, accepted just ONE mission, solved it and everything was fine. Since then I always had at least 3 savegames in this game.

Btw: This error also appeared randomly but without reason (approx. 10 times during the hole game on my system). So save often!

Ok, I'll give it a try. Fortunately I wasn't very far in the game. I did have three missions active simultaneously that I had picked up in space.

That seems to help avoid the crash. Could this be somehow related to the slowdown patch? I don't recall this happening when I used a general slowdown utility to play Privateer 2.

I don't know. Never played it with another slowdown utility. But it seems quite possible.

After I complete certain missions and land on a planet or space station everything seems fine. As soon as I leave and land again the stupid referenced memory crash error appears and it does it everytime. The only thing I can do is reload before completing the mission and not doing it which of course I would then fail. Then I can go on and complete some other mission and everything works fine. I wish somebody knows how to solve this proplem because I am getting fustrated. I know it will happen again on some other mission but will not know which mission unil it happens on it. I am running Window XP and have Privateer 2 deluxe edition.

Back