privateer 2 can't be that huge

poopnoodle

Rear Admiral
hi there all,

i was planning on playing privateer 2 on my XP machine. and when the cd autoruns the installation it gives me the rather inaccurate statement that i have insufficient storage on my hard drive and it requires 33927270 bytes which i believe is a tad much for games (even ones these days). now i looked through the search topics and was unable to find this problem among the others so if there was i previous thread about this i apologise.

i would appreciate any help,
thanks,
-brad

thats about...32 meg or so...games now are getting into the gig range. but, you shouldnt be having low memory problems.

I have the same problem... and 33927270 bytes is a mere spit in the bucket when it comes to the space available on my hard-drive.
We're in the same boat buddy.
Sadly, I have no talent or know-how when it comes to computer problems. It may have something to do with the fact that I'm running on XP... then again, it may be that my spiritual self is not in harmony with my computer karma... either way, I'm screwed and clueless.

I also have the same problem. I have 100 gigs free on my hard drive, but it still says it isn't enough.

I had that problem once, but a reboot fixed it fine. I'm going to assume you guys have all rebooted though. A question like that hardly needs asked anymore. Sorry to hear about your problems.

I do not have this problem. However in the past everyone seems to have solved it by simply create the directory (eg. c:\dark) PRIOR to installing. The reason for the bug BTW is that your HD (or more precisiely your patition) is TOO BIG.

Back