Priv asteroid depot

powell99

Aviation Junkie
I was playing Privateer last night when I found it! (Well sorta) Okay what I found was the Steltek Derelect. However, in Priv the Drone is thought to be Kilrathi. Thus I made the conclusion that the Derelect it the Depot.

BTW: It was my first time playing Privateer's story line.

Yeah I eventually assumed; of course it didn't register until long after I had beaten the game, especially since that part of the sector isn't the Kilrathi border. I spent hours scouring Clarke quadrant, to no avail of course. Wish I could get those hours back.

Speaking of Kilrathi in Privateer, there's a way to have them as allies, and I'm not talking about begging for mercy. I'm talking about where whenever you see them they initially show up as blue friendlies. It won't work too well in Privateer but is easy in Righteous Fire.

The trick is that Kilrathi are ONLY your friends if you attack the Confed. There's actually a point that you could get to where you'd kill a few Confeds and still have the Merchants and Militia at neutral, with Pirates and Kilrathi as friends and Retros, Confeds, and Hunters as your enemies. That's about the best you can do in Priv without hours of work trying to weave through factions. But in RF, you can kill enough Confeds to get the Kilrathi at Friendly disposition (for me it worked by cleaning out the Perry system), then go over to Roman Lynch at Bosque in Pyrennes to wipe your record clean (puts Merchants, Hunters, Militia, Confeds, and Pirates at neutral, with no effect on Kilrathi or Retros.) And, if you do it after you kill Governor Menesch, you can bypass the 200,000 fee. (Not bad for a lowly merchant, eh pirate?) :)

Back