Poll -- take two

Who is the WCU project leader; And, who should have the final say on what goes in?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I know how to sum integers :) don't worry. I said it was a bad idea from the start, but LOAF did request it in another thread (that we have a poll I mean). I don't know how important it is for him, but if it IS important for him, I have no right to deny this to him, no?

I would argue that anonymous voting and not tampering with the poll results are better traditions.

I was looking for a "Allow users to rethink their vote" option, but there isn't any on this forum ^^; The reason why I removed the other poll was that I thought that it needed explaining that "final say" and "project lead" are two different things.

See, again, you've responded to a serious issue with something that has nothing to do with what I said.

sorry ^^; I wanted to split the two issues, but having 2 polls seemed awkwards, so 1 poll with 4 choices and we sum your results later. :) I wanted to make sure it was fair.

This is not a good idea. I can understand your debate, but this is not an issue for public vote. Please get together and discuss it between the two of you, or inside the WCU team.

This would be the same approach if I'd go out into the street and tell the people: My company sucks. Tell me who should be my boss.

People who have nothing to do with WCU will just cast sympathy or antipathy votes, and the project lead (whoever it will be) will have no authorization from the team itself.

So I won't vote in this at all. Where's the "Conscientious Objector" button when you need it?

I guess that the conscencious objector option is number four... I think there is no argument that LOAF knows more about WC than I do. I'm just saying that being an expert and being a coordinator are two different sets of skills.

can we please be over with politics and get back to work? this is stressing me out :(

I guess that the conscencious objector option is number four... I think there is no argument that LOAF knows more about WC than I do. I'm just saying that being an expert and being a coordinator are two different sets of skills.

... which is yet another one of those issues I've brought up that you've refused to respond to.

criticalmass said:
This is not a good idea. I can understand your debate, but this is not an issue for public vote. Please get together and discuss it between the two of you, or inside the WCU team.

that would be the only possible solution. Spirit, let all gather together and discuss that issue. The thing is that it seems you miss the point of what LOAF, Brad and recently i'm trying to say. Leader/Coordinator? wtf? i think we really need to discuss the stuff, ASAP!!! get on the wingnut. This poll just makes me laught.

P.S. give me another gun i'll play russian rulette again...

How about we draw up
* a project charter, stating goals and approach
* a project organization chart, defining different levels of responsibility
* a roles & responsibilities document, defnining who has to do what.

It's my day job to do those things. If you really want to do that, I can send you the templates.

But, honestly, do we need that?

I know that Loaf is the walking & talking WC encyclopedia, but it's a different thing if you have a vision and you want to do something like WCU, and then something is put above you who has "the final say".

So I think it's important to go down that road:
Who really wants WCU?
- That should be the boss.
Who really is able to run a project schedule and keep kicking people's ****'s?
- That shoul be the coordinator.
Who has the knowledge and resources to provide content consulting?
- That should be the QA / advisor guy.

All of the above requiring the ability to accept statements, to discuss issues, and to make decisions together.

criticalmass said:
So I think it's important to go down that road:
Who really wants WCU?
- That should be the boss.
- That shoul be the coordinator.
- That should be the QA / advisor guy.

All of the above requiring the ability to accept statements, to discuss issues, and to make decisions together.

yape that's what we are trying to tell Spirit... you are 100% right ;)

I agree with you almost completely! I don't think we need a "boss" in that respect. Ideally, I would keep coordinating the project until someone who wants to more than me shows up, and LOAF would be the final say on canon. If it's so important for him that he be the leader though, that he won't even return my courtesy vote, I think we should let him have that. Sounds like you have more management experience than me by the way....

Who really wants WCU?
- That should be the boss. LOAF seems to be power tripping, Spirit seems very insecure about it...honestly I don't see either of them as leader material. I thought about proposing to lead the project myself, but despite its similarities with Pilots and Privateers I've got too much on my plate already...
- That should be the coordinator. That one...I'm not sure on. I don't know if we have anyone in the running with that experience. Possibly bringing Spiritplumber's friend in IS a good idea.
- That should be the QA / advisor guy. That should be LOAF, NO FREAKING CONTEST. See? Not against ya here LOAF...we just need the right person for the right job. :)

I just don't like to be bossy and yell at people and all that other stuff leaders seem to feel they have to do... I tried to take things along with a smile this far, ask people what to do instead of ordering them around and so on :) Guess it's not leaderish enough though.

Back