Pilgrim Spacecraft

Wojo

Rear Admiral
Hi all,

To anyone who has read Peter Telep's novel 'Pilgrim Stars' - is there any descriptions of what kind of craft the Pilgrims might fly? I know from various sources that the Pilgrims used 'slo-ships' and there are mentions of sieges and attack/defence by pilgrim forces, but no mention of what they might be flying. Captured confed craft? Or built their own? Or did they just jump out the airlock in suits and throw rocks?

Definitely spacesuits and rocks. That would be so cool...

Seriously, I don't think we have any specific knowledge about Pilgrim ships, but we do know that for quite a length of time, the Pilgrims were more advanced in terms of space exploration than Confed - so it goes to follow they had ships of their own design. I do believe that Peter Telep's books also include some cases of Pilgrims using Confed ships, but I don't know the specifics.

Kinda begs the question whether or not the Pilgrims would have been equipped to deal with the Kilrathi when the time came.

Kinda begs the question whether or not the Pilgrims would have been equipped to deal with the Kilrathi when the time came.

Some of the more exotic powers aside, they were numerically so much smaller than Confed, I don't really see there being much question. I assume you're imagining a scenario where they 'won' the war with Confed and were the primary body to fight the Kilrathi; however they weren't a superpower on the level on the Confederation to begin with. By definition, if they could beat Confed, then of course they would have had a chance against the Kilrathi, but I don't think anyone really saw that happening. It was a mostly defensive campaign on their part.

Back