Painted Over Concordia Looking Mighty Fine (May 10, 2016)

ChrisReid

Super Soaker Collector / Administrator

NinjaLA saw Klavs' recent Concordia update (pictured right) and was so inspired that he had to personalize it on his own. Many people have gone out and textured other artists' 3D models, but this might be a first for WC art. Ninja started with the complex render and then digitally painted in the colors, lights, details and his own visual flair. The result is gorgeous, and it turns out it didn't even take him very long to do!

A friend of mine from www.wcnews.com has been making absolutely gorgeous 3d models of Wing Commander ships... His rendition of the TCS Concordia was too great to resist. So I did a paint over (and paint under) and I am super happy with how it turned out. Also paint overs are ridiculously quick to do.. who knew!? :D

--
Original update published on May 10, 2016

Last edited by a moderator:
now if only I had any idea of how to actually texture a 3d model. I was surprised with how fast something like this comes together though.. all the effort was on Klavs' end. if his models weren't already gorgeous this wouldn't work at all.

as it is, this sort of looks like one of those background painted ships from an anime :D

Back