OXM Demo disk includes WC Arena

ck9791

Rear Admiral
I don't know if anyone here reads the Official X-box Magazine, or if you do if you haven't tried at least the Arena demo yet, but it is included on the demo disk with this month's OXM.

Yeah! It's great - now somebody needs to turn that high res 'Broadsword' artwork into case art for it...

(Also, it's kind of neat to be able to play the Arena demo - when I put the disc in the drive my Arcade list has both Arena and Arena Demo. You get a glimpse of a high res version of that 'Rapier Chase' artwork that doesn't show up in the full release.)

I apologize for starting a new thread on this then. I missed the news release and didn't think it had been mentioned yet. I hope more people will give Arena a try and maybe this will give a second wind to the game.

XBox games are on DVDs. The game data shouldn't be accessible when you put it in a computer. They just show as movie DVDs with this brief message.

xboxdisc1.jpg
xboxdisc2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
What happens if you put the CD in your PC?

I believe there are programs that let your dvd-rom read the xbox sectors but I'm not sure what we would gain by it.

What chris showed is probably a short video clip or splash screen that plays before the message text.

I apologize for starting a new thread on this then. I missed the news release and didn't think it had been mentioned yet. I hope more people will give Arena a try and maybe this will give a second wind to the game.

Don't worry about it - I'm glad folks like you are watching out for things like this... I would never have thought to check OXM for the Arena Demo.

Back