Orchestra Recording a Huge Success! (August 19, 2024)

ChrisReid

Super Soaker Collector / Administrator
We're very happy to report that Origin composer George Oldziey had a very productive day working with the Budapest Orchestra to create his new album of live Wing Commander music. He flew out on Friday and held a marathon recording session earlier today. Backers got a chance to tap into the booth's audio feed for a partial preview, and what we were able to listen to so far is absolutely fantastic! There is a choral supplement scheduled for October, and then the results will be combined into the finished album around the end of the year.

Today two great sessions with a huge orchestra playing my orchestrations of music that I composed for the Wing Commander series in the 1990s. Great orchestra, wonderful conductor. And a brilliant recording engineer!

--
Original update published on August 19, 2024

Darnit, I missed the live stream. Was anybody there?

Looks like the guys had a lot of fun though.

I was there for a bit on Monday along with a few from the wingnut discord - it was amazing to hear but just a fly on the wall experience and only English was when the conductor was asking George questions. So you didn't really miss anything but a preview of what we can look forward to.

Back