OpenGL package for WCP/SO Question

Triple-B

Rear Admiral
what are the concrete changes from Version 0.4 to the new 1.2?

actually the version 0.4 really works great

I haven't had a chance to test it yet, but I do know that 0.4 did not take proper screen shots - only an almost-blank black image.

New features/fixes:
  • New lighting effects borrowed from Standoff
  • Some new high-res art files were remade (from scratch) to better scale to high resolutions: the cockpit elements for exemple
  • Better compatibility with a wider range of video cards
  • Screenshots are fixed

New issues:
  • Fixing the bug that made the OpenGL incompatible with many video cards broke compatibility with HCl's Prophecy DVD playback while running the game in fullscreen. We are hoping to to see a fix soon
  • While in multiplayer, the enhanced starfield doesn't "follow" you but instead just sit there in space as a cube. To be fixed.

Thanks for the info, Pete. A real shame about the DVD incompatibility. I really want to play Prophecy with the DVD-quality movies + OpenGL renderer some day.

thanks for the reply pete.

IRC the enhanced starfield patch does work with HCLs DVD Movie Upgrade

• While in multiplayer, the enhanced starfield doesn't "follow" you but instead just sit there in space as a cube. To be fixed.

And this was the weirdest thing during the birthday when Pete, wcnut and myself were playing WCP MP. I noticed this huge cube of enhanced starfields just hanging out. I flew over towards them hoping that Pete and wcnut were seeing the same thing....instead I went out like Hunter except instead of 6 missiles I had probably 12 striking my ship. :p

New features/fixes:
  • New lighting effects borrowed from Standoff
  • Some new high-res art files were remade (from scratch) to better scale to high resolutions: the cockpit elements for exemple
  • Better compatibility with a wider range of video cards
  • Screenshots are fixed
New issues:
  • Fixing the bug that made the OpenGL incompatible with many video cards broke compatibility with HCl's Prophecy DVD playback while running the game in fullscreen. We are hoping to to see a fix soon

Any news on the update of the enhanced starfield patch so far?

btw: the new WCP Demo and the Secret Ops work without any problems, are they stable?

Back