Open questions thread from Ginger Lynn Allen

Ginger Lynn Allen

Space Marshal
I've just found this site and thought I join and have the chance to talk to all the Wing Commander fans out there. This was one of my favorite acting jobs I ever had. Heck, I even brought my grandma on the set a few times! So much fun.

I've met SO many Wing Commander fans over the years, and each and everyone of you was just so nice. I know that talking to you here will be so much fun. If you have any questions feel free to ask. I'll do my best to answer them if I can!

Ginger

Hello! Welcome to the forums! This is very exciting, we're very grateful that you decided to visit! Your character is absolutely beloved by Wing Commander fans, and folks who worked at Origin frequently speak very highly of you.

I'm totally starstruck, though, not sure what to ask! Was there a big difference between shooting Wing Commander III and Wing Commander Prophecy? Has anyone ever approached you about doing another one?

We'd love to see you in another game! Rumor has it that Chris Roberts is working on something new...

Hey, Ginger.

Which cast member do you think was your favorite to work with? Mark Hamill or Tom Wilson seem like obvious choices, but how about Jason Bernard or Malcolm McDowell?

Wow! Thanks for stopping by.

I guess the only question I can think of is the most obvious one: what were your fondest memories of shooting the games? Any in-jokes you can remember between cast and crew? Did you keep anything from the shoot?

This is awesome! :D

Hey! I was actually reading some WC3 related stuff a while back and thought to myself it would be awesome to be able to ask you about something... but now I can't remember what it was. Typical. :p

But yeah, what Nomad Terror asked... you worked with a lot of great personalities on the Wing Commanders... who were the most fun to work with, and what was the awesomest/most memorable thing that happened on the set?

How did you come to hear about the casting call for Wing Commander? What were you thinking when you tried out for the role?

I guess the only question I can think of is the most obvious one: what were your fondest memories of shooting the games? Any in-jokes you can remember between cast and crew? Did you keep anything from the shoot?

I second this. We are glad you enjoyed creating this as much as we enjoyed playing it.

Hah wow, this was unexpected. First question that came to my head...

If the Wing Commander series was ever resurrected with a new game would you be on board to doing another game if they offered?

Awesome of you to stop by! We sometimes have the game devs stop by but it's pretty rare when one of the actors visits our humble abode...

Anyway I recently got my DVD of the animated Wing Commander Academy TV series in the mail - which is finally available for purchase after all these years. They got Mark, Tom, and Malcolm to reprise their roles from the games. Did they ever aproach you about lending your voice?

Neato, thanks for stopping by! Did you ever get a chance to play the Wing Commander games much? Wing Commander 3 was recently rereleased online so that it runs well on modern computers, and we'd be happy to send you a virtual copy if you'd like to try it (again?).

That's so awesome of you to drop by!

What were your thoughts on acting out Rachel's character? Did you do anything to get into character before filming? Who would win in a fist fight, Rachel or Flint, and why?

Hello Miss Allen..

Uhm..I sincerely mean no disrespect Miss Allen, but how do we know its really you posting this?
Its nothing personal as anyone of the guys on this forum will tell you, but there is no lack of forum "trolls" as they are called on the internet.
I really REALLY hate to ask you this, especially considering I really loved your performance in WC III, but can you provide us with some (photographic maybe) proof that its really you Miss Allen?

If its really you, then please forgive me :/.

Commonly in these situations, the staff will ask the individual to email them with a picture of them holding a sign with a pre-defined message. The staff would then confirm authenticity and tell us.

I would think, however, in this case that this is really Miss Allen. I would be surprised to see impersonator forum trolls coming to this board.

Iceblade: You are probably right, but I've been burned before so I just wanted to make sure :)

Again Miss Allen: I mean no disrespect!

It's nice to have you onboard. :)

My questions (out of curiosity of course): Have you ever read the novelisations of WC3 and 4? If yes, what do you think about both of them, especially about the backstory of Rachel leaving Blair, and in comparison with the games? And what do you think about the fan-made WC-Games and mods, if you've ever gotten a chance to play them (WC: Saga (+Mods based on it), Unknown Enemy, Standoff, Invasion, Privateer Gemini Gold, etc)?

Hello! Welcome to the forums! This is very exciting, we're very grateful that you decided to visit! Your character is absolutely beloved by Wing Commander fans, and folks who worked at Origin frequently speak very highly of you.

I'm totally starstruck, though, not sure what to ask! Was there a big difference between shooting Wing Commander III and Wing Commander Prophecy? Has anyone ever approached you about doing another one?

We'd love to see you in another game! Rumor has it that Chris Roberts is working on something new...

It's pleasure to be here. I've never interacted with fans of WC in this format before. I'm not a compute guru, gamer or techie so please accpet my apologies and take me along on your ride.

Thanks for having me.

WC III Heart of the Tiger was one of the most amazing experiences of my life. Chris Roberts was hands on in every aspect and it was a pure pleasure. WC V was an entirely different experience. Though it was amazing, the absence of Chris as a producer, director, writer and game creator was very much missed. Not to say the experience wasn't wonderful, or the game wasn't terrific, but Chris was definately missed. Still loved everyone involved from beginning to end.

Although I've not been approaced to be a part of any future WC creations/productions, I woud dive in head first at the opportunity. I've not heard the rumor that Chris is working on something new, but tell him to call me, my number hasn't changed!

Ginger

Hey, Ginger.

Which cast member do you think was your favorite to work with? Mark Hamill or Tom Wilson seem like obvious choices, but how about Jason Bernard or Malcolm McDowell?

Tom Wilson had me laughing my ass of from 6am till midnight every night we shot. John Reis Davis is one of the most brilliant actors I've ever worked with. Malcom McDowell...glad I wore my chastity belt, and Mark Hamil shame on you.

Awesome to be here. You guys are great.

My fondest memory of the project is one that no one with the exception of me and my grandmother will ever appreciate the way I do.

Most of the sets were shot on a green screen. My grandmother, bless her sole, had a great fondness for lime green and dayglow purple. I invited her to the set nearly everyday we shot. And one day during dress rehersal "Gram" walked accross the green screen while the cameras were hot. The image everyone saw on the monitor was my grandma with her purple shirt and her grey hair floating accross the monitor with nothing below the waist showing!

There was one cast member that was the butt of many, if not all of our jokes, but most likely for this person, they were too dunk to remember most of it. That's all I'll say about that.

If you knew me, you wouldn't ask if I kept anything from the shoot. I keep everything. I have every jumpsuit, uniform, toolbelt, nametag, t-shirt, sweatshirt, pair of shoes and everything underneath (yes I mean my socks) from the shoot. I have everything. That's how special these things are to me, and that's just the kind of girl I am.

Back