One Ship Challenge

Originally posted by Wulf
where's Col. Dom?

If I remember well he said he´d be off on a USAF pilot training program for some weeks in Alaska. Whether he made that up or not I don´t know.

Originally posted by Starkey

If I remember well he said he´d be off on a USAF pilot training program for some weeks in Alaska. Whether he made that up or not I don´t know.

Thanks, Starkey! If it is indeed fact, I wish him well. I am also pursuing a career in USAF.

hehe...i've breifly considered joining the military before, but I doubt me and military life would get along.

Me = the laziest person in the entire world

I mean, i'm so lazy that if i'm eating something, and I put it down and move and it's out of reach, I won't be eating it anymore. I'm THAT bad...

I've got shortcuts to game's i've deleted eons ago on my desktop, simply because I don't feel like deleting them...

When my TV remote control broke, I created a thing out of a few wire hangers that enabled me to change the channel from my chair...

I have 97,000 Mountain Dew cans in my room and surrounding my computer, because I can't be assed to move them to the recycle bin...

Originally posted by Ripper

Been done. Check out Firefox or Brainstorm.

Theyre movies.

Good movies.

Maybe not Firefox, but Brainstorm is real good.

Firefox is good, but only in the original book form.

Hellcat, baby! And don't say they suck...read how well they perform in the WC4 novel. You just got to be good! Hmmm, where's Col. Dom?

YOU HAVE CALLED AND I HAVE ANSWERED! Many thanks to Wild Weasel for alerting me of this ;)

Anyway- yes, Hellcat Vs own the universe. I can fly through WC3 and 4 in nothing but a Hellcat. I always chew out Pliers for canning my jet! Resourceful or not, I love the Hellcat V!

The Hellcat V is ideal for flying through an entire WC game. It's got such an incredible balance it'd stand up to the toughest foes. While it may be difficult, true skill and a knack for good machinery will get you through.

I am a Hellcat V advocate!

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by Starkey

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Actually, I've had my private pilot's license for some time now. I've simply just been partying the Alaskan summer away (broad daylight all day and night is an opportunity one can't miss)! However, I am going to enroll in a professional pilot's course. I have bad eyes, so I'll never be an Air Force pilot. While the enlisted corps suck, I have been thinking about crossing into the Army National Guard while in college as a Warrant Officer and fly choppers (they'll take anybody).

*whew!* That was long! All you who remember me can show me the love, now :D

Originally posted by Col.Dom
I have bad eyes, so I'll never be an Air Force pilot.

Just do like that guy in "Pearl Harbor" did: use the "Col.Dom´s nurses approach™" :D

Welcome back!!

Welcome back, Dom! Shame to hear you have bad eyes; if you can't fly 16s for real, at least there's Falcon 4.0. (with the Special Pak 3 upgrade, of course)

... if you can't fly 16s for real, at least there's Falcon 4.0. (with the Special Pak 3 upgrade, of course)

F-16? Bah! Give me an F-15C any day!

However, the F-35A is going to kick the F-15C into yesteryear.

Originally posted by di5tortion
I go for the Dragon and Excalibur. As for blindfire, I like to leave it on. It may make the game easier, but makes it more realistic. Come on, you'd think that 600 years from now they's have something like that. If it were my story id have an all-axis 180 degree blindfire. All the ships would just be spheres, and "guns" would just be conductive rails able to discharge particles from any angle. Now, THAT'S strategy. Let's try directly connectiong brain to Fire Control System...

The problem with autotracking has nothing to do with the onboard conputer systems' ability to track targets--the real problem is making the guns able to swivel in place. Ordinarily, guns are bolted tightly in place so that they can be protected by the ship's armor. However, in order to allow for autotracking, the guns would have to have motors and bearings to allow them to move in place--this means that you can no longer have the bulk of the gun safely hidden beneath the ship's armor and instead your gun only has what armor you can strap onto it without making it too large and heavy to swivel in place. Notice how weakly shielded capship turrets are in comparision to the ships that they defend. Likewise, movable fighter guns would be weakly armored, making them an easy target for enemy fighter fire.

Nice to see you back Col.Dom! At last your rank fits the first syllable of your handle :)

Anyways, I've never read Firefox, but the description on the back of the book makes the Firefox too radically advanced IMHO. I mean I'm not saying that they couldn't do it, but to leap all the way to mach 5 capable aircraft, + stealth and the brain control system - I don't know. BTW the real MiG-31 is nothing like the Firefox.

Col.Dom: Hasn't the F-15E already booted the F-15C into yesteryear :p

ljuin: Swivelling guns on fighters are OK. I remember back in WC1/2 the guns didn't swivel but they still could get busted up a lot easier than the Excal's guns.

Besides which, any pilot who is a good enough shot to accurately fire on a fighter sized gun mount can do the same thing to your cockpit. :D

Best, Raptor

Originally posted by Col.Dom

F-16? Bah! Give me an F-15C any day!

However, the F-35A is going to kick the F-15C into yesteryear.

Amen, bro...and the f22 sucks!! OK, it's out of my system now that I said it. But yes, the 35 will rule ALL, even the Russian s37 (berecut?)

i still think the best fighter to ever have autotrack was the bearcat *drools*

Back