Old Comrades

Originally posted by Ghost
About old comrades
Whos rescues Maniac,after WC2SO2 and why ???? :)

you mean when his fighter stalled? that was right next to palidins ship. i think palidin would spend the time to move over and pick him up :)

Originally posted by Bandit LOAF
Idiots who "disregard the novels" don't even know what the Tarawa is -- much less care whether or not it's re-named Independence.
BTW, when do we learn about the Tarawa for the first time? :confused:

Yes LOAF, thank you for the mockery... :rolleyes:
I know it was from one of the novels...

Just so you know, I *like* the two novels I've read so far... what I don't like is when they start contradicting the games... which OF COURSE they never do, like you've skilfully demonstrated to me... :)

Other one is where you learn Bondarevsky's enlistment in the Landreich navy, namely... :)

False Colours that is.

If I'm lucky, I should get my hands in another 4 of the novels pretty soon... :cool:

They are all definitly great reads, they even stand on their own if you have little knowledge of the WC universe. Of course you know that from False Colors.:)

Hey Bandit.
Quit being a dick.

The guy could have been informed politely about his misconception about the novels. Instead you berrated him in a fashion unbefitting a man in your position. Some people may be afraid to say it, but it's true. You're being an ass. Knock it off.

Err, don't you think there's something wrong with telling someone to be more polite, and calling him an ass in the same breath? Now, granted, LOAF could have been more polite, but it's not like he actually insulted anybody personally.

Originally posted by Bob McDob
Here's what I know (or think):
Anyone know any others?

I don not know her name anymore, but she was your partner at the beginning of WC II and died during the protection of the Concordia.

Cobra: Died in WC III
Angel: Killed by Thrakath

Just a question: How died Spirit? I remember she smashed against the Claw one time, when I played WC I but I don't know any other sources of that.

Spirit dies in a kamikaze run in the starbase of WC2, she think her fiance was dead (Heavens Gate ??)

Yes indeed, Heaven's Gate. Jazz sent her a message saying her fiance was onboard that station. He also sabotaged her Sabre, so that she wouldn't hesitate because of Meron's presence.

Shadow: Died defending the Concordia. In wc2
Spirit: Died crashing into the Heaven's Gate starbase, thereby destroying it. :(

My head hurts, so I'm just going to ban you forever.

Originally posted by LividLiquid
Hey Bandit.
Quit being a dick.

The guy could have been informed politely about his misconception about the novels. Instead you berrated him in a fashion unbefitting a man in your position. Some people may be afraid to say it, but it's true. You're being an ass. Knock it off.

Originally posted by $tormin
You mean when his fighter stalled? That was right next to Paladin's ship. I think Paladin would spend the time to move over and pick him up :)
Obviously he didn't. The Gamal Gan/Grimalkin is with you once you return to the Concordia.

And then, "Where the h311 are you?" :)

Perhaps they were obliged to pick him up on the way out of the Deneb Sector/Quadrant... but then it wasn't anyone from the Concordia... or we could just dismiss it as a endgame joke.

BTW, does anyone know why the Gamal Gan Dorkathi is so blasted small in the game?

Back