Ok I'm an Idiot

S

SpaceEagle

OK, I'm an idiot but this is a serious question & it actually pertains to more than just SAGA.

Have been hearing about WC conversions for a variety of games for quite sometime now. However, it seems that is all it is. When will any of these be available {other than the one for FL- which have & played}. I am a regular visitor to CIC & just don't remember seeing any that were ever completed.

I do admit that most seem quite pretty and sound like they would be enjoyable. But it seems all gas & no substance.

Thank you for listining to this idiots question.

You can not soar with Eagles when you fly with turkeys.

Eder's been promising the Standoff prologue for some point this year. As for WC Saga, it's reportedly very close to completion, I'd wager that you could expect soon. Not sure about the Macross mod.

Expect some news on the Reckoning front soon :).

Don't forget Unknown Enemy. It's been completed for a while. And it's very challenging, too.

Of course, it's not exactly a conversion . . . just a really good mod to WCSO. But it's worth mentioning, at any rate.

For an outsider who dosn't work on one of the mods its sure quite hard to think that anything will ever be done when it takes so long.
Well I can only say that modding isn't the easiest thing to do...special when you are doing a TC. It takes a very long time doing all the changes, balacing aso....so please be pationed. As a teammember I can asure you that we will release everything we got when its done...most likly this year....we allready got about 15 missions ready to play, but they need the last balacing and debuging...also as far as I know there are still some one or two models and soundfiles missing.

For showing progress we mostly use screenshots...so that people can see that we actualy work on the mods.

Beside that...as allready said...Unknown Enemy is allready released (think it was sometime last year) and it was a very good example for beeing a well done mod.

Hope that helped you....cause we (Standoff & Saga) aren't just gas & dust...or else I would have to ask myself what I had worked on the last years ^_^

I have to agree with you, both Saga and Standoff have come farther than about 99.9999999999999% of the fan projects that people have announced, just for them to still be cranking after all this time is a show of how dedicated people are to keeping this community alive

16 missions are ready (but some of these are proponents of multi-stage missions, the FS2 engine doesn't support navpoints), so it's really only 14 missions complete. This is about more then 1/3 of progress.

Longest thing is going to be voice acting, bar none.

At least on a lighter side of things, there will be a sort of storyline in between the missions. Last time I checked, it's at 156 pages, so it's about 75% complete.

And I don't know much about the technical junkies, but I understand that the multiplayer (co-op and deathmatch) development has been going well. Whether it'll be released with the final build or as an addon expansion to the final build remains to be seen.

Well multiplayer still makes me worry, but as everything else makes progress that should be also only a matter of time till we have the possibility to have multiplayer matches without any problems.

Moonsword said:
What kind of problems would there be, beyond the need for missions?

More than you can imagine. All this stuff takes a surprising amount of time. Each news update at the CIC probably averages 45-75 minutes. That's not each day, that's each story. Even the most simplest ones take the better part of an hour. So I can imagine making a video game has unexpected slowdowns.

Well the problems are more on a technical basis then creating Missions or a small storyline.
As far as I know there are still some problems left with the server. Original FS2 had a cheating stopper in it...prefenting everyone from useing his own overpower ships and other things. A good idea in the first place, but for us a problem, cause the server now has to run a quite different game with many many changes.
There was a server that has done that for testing purpose, but it went down as far as I know.
But I hope that the people that made the multiplayer mod are still working on it and that it will be there when we need it.
Thinking of WC mission or even complete storylines in coop modus would be great.

Ah. I don't play FS2 multiplayer, so I'm not familiar with what they're doing in that regard. It didn't seem all that difficult.

gevatter Lars said:
Well the problems are more on a technical basis then creating Missions or a small storyline.
As far as I know there are still some problems left with the server. Original FS2 had a cheating stopper in it...prefenting everyone from useing his own overpower ships and other things. A good idea in the first place, but for us a problem, cause the server now has to run a quite different game with many many changes.
There was a server that has done that for testing purpose, but it went down as far as I know.
But I hope that the people that made the multiplayer mod are still working on it and that it will be there when we need it.
Thinking of WC mission or even complete storylines in coop modus would be great.

there are no problems with the server, while original Freespace will use 00 port wcs will be accesable via 02 port for example (that's on the master server)

Back