Off Topic- Wing Commander IV DVD Dual Sided Sale

Hey, sounds good...I just wonder how this lucky guy managed to get 70 or more copies of the DVD...but as long as it's the original, I don't care. Of course, getting it at german ebay would probably mean less troubles with shipping, but as you said, there are no auctions at the moment, and I don't expect it to find there for only 10 Dollars...that is just TOO good to resist!
Not for 10$ that is true, but I got mine last year for ~20-25€ - together with a DXR2 card that is! And considering the shipping costs from USA to Germany, I guess I payed less for it ;)
But sometimes they go for over 50€ :( - even saw two over 100€ (no idea why some people are so crazy, especially cause mine was only 7 days earlier :confused: )

I got mine in the mail and it was warped! My DVD drive sounded like a '73 Ford truck I used to own. Anyway, I contact the seller and was told I'd be sent another one, no problem. The seller seemed nice enough.....I'll let you guys know what happens.....

Perhaps a lighting issue or something..but those DVD's sure look like they are the writable kind. Surely the guy isnt making a bunch of copies and selling them?

Only colors I remember of the media side of DVD's was either silver or gold. Tho I have seen writable DVD's in purple, blue and of course, the greyish color of the RW's.

Mine looked genuine enough. Around the center on both sides of the DVD is a small label that would seem to be extremely difficult to duplicate and affix with any accuracy. I think I just got a dud by accident.

Well, I'll see about the shipping costs, I have asked him about how much it would cost to send it to Germany, but received no answer yet. I too hope he does not just sell copies, but that label truly looks genuine, as Dagger said before, and wouldn't it also be impossible to copy a double-sided DVD on a one-sided one because of the available space? The WC-DVD must at least contain 9 GB, and those would never fit on a 4,7 GB one-sided DVD...or are there any rewritable two-sided DVDs I don't know of?

The pics give the impression he bought them dirty cheap somewhere and is now unloading them =0)
looks like the real thing, the inner-ring label is not something one can replicate easily.

BTW, I got one, it was deliverd to a friend in the US, she should me mailing me the disk soon. Sweet.

Would one of the admins object to emailing the guy about the patch here? According to his description, he doesn't know about it. It would both increase our members and maybe help his sales.

Jim

Well, paid for my game and sent a copy of the thread talking about the patch to the seller. On a side note, I did not find the patch in the files section. I had to do a search of the old news forum.

Jim

OK its been 2 weeks, still haven't recieved it although I think the auction just ended. How long before others got theirs?

jim

not long to me, but you should try and contact this Valentinez, I think he/she had some computer problems lately. I got mine...

Well.........the first DVD I was sent was warped. The second DVD I was sent was also warped. I was to have received a 3rd DVD last week, but nothing so far. Also, I made this seller aware of the patch around 3 weeks ago. Might just have to end up biting the bullet and writing this one off.

I just got mine the other day, but I don't have a DVD player to check if it's working or not. At least I now have something to put in the 7th CD envelope in the WCIV CD booklet... :)

BigsWickDagger said:
Well.........the first DVD I was sent was warped. The second DVD I was sent was also warped.
Are you sure it's not your drive being flaky?

Yeah, it isn't the drive. I have 2 PCs with DVD players, one with the actual Creative Labs Encore drive that came with the decoder board. I tested the disks on both PCs and wasn't even able to browse the contents of the DVDs.

On a brighter note, DVD #3 was waiting in the mail for me today when I got home from work. This one seems to be OK- no funny noises coming from either DVD drive and I can browser the contents of the disk. The 3rd time was the charm I guess!

eh,

whats with this valentinez guy? i bought a dvd off him, and sent confirmation email to him 2 days ago now... no response...

all i can say is, this guy is cruising for -ve feedback ! :(

(and yes thats a poor fate for someone with 100% feedback..) :p

given that the german fan didnt get a response, i'm guessing this guy doesnt post overseas, despite his auction being listed as "worldwide" :mad:

not happy jan.

Back