Off Topic- Wing Commander IV DVD Dual Sided Sale

NoMention

Rear Admiral
I just wanted to let the community know that someone (not me) is selling 10 copies of the DVD version of Wing Commander IV. According to the auction, this is the dual-sided version of the disc, not the compilation version of 6 CDs. Here is the link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=62053&item=8101376844&rd=1

He is selling them for $15 each, which I don't know if this is a good price or not. If this is a violation of forum rules, I apologize. I didn't see any sticky post with board rules.

NoMention

There´s a sticky "rules" button on every screen in this forum.

Anyway, I don´t know if this is against any regulations. Please await TC to rule on that. :D

Odd, I only see the following 3 stickys for this forum:

Sticky: #wingnut v2 - Come To #Wingnut, Or Else!
Sticky: Forum Changes! Read me before complaining!
Sticky: Secret Ops Episodes

Not that it really matters or anything. I found the rules under the FAQ and didn't see anything specific to posting links. It isn't my own link and I am getting nothing out of this. I just wanted to let others know that they can easilly get this item. I spent a good couple of weeks trying to hunt one of these down. I would buy one if I didn't already have it. Like I said, I don't know if $15 is too much or not. I don't think so considering a DVD movie goes for about the same price.

NoMention

[Edit]
DOH!! I see it now. It is listed in the header. I was looking for it as a sticky post, not in the header section. I guess that header is just not organized the way that I would seem logical. Anyway, after reviewing the rules (which points to those in the faq) I don't think this violates anything.

Just taking a look at the subject line.. Hmm..

You know, there is a reason why the forum has an off-topic zone conveniently titled "Off-Topic Zone."

You know, there is a reason why the forum has an off-topic zone conveniently titled "Off-Topic Zone."

To be fair, however, this thread *isn't* off topic. It's like one of those spiders that hides itself by looking like a leaf.

hehehe valentinez... got mine from that seller for $10.00... should be halfway here by now... definately worth it.

Grabed one as well....cant beat the cheap price. And that little patch one of the CIC members came up with makes the purchase of this item well worth it.

Thanks for the heads-up!

NoMention said:
I just wanted to let the community know that someone (not me) is selling 10 copies of the DVD version of Wing Commander IV. According to the auction, this is the dual-sided version of the disc, not the compilation version of 6 CDs.

Thanks NoMention- I nabbed one also!

Well, it's over now. I got the last one. Now I'll have to start messing around with money orders to pay for this...

Well, seeing as I'm not in Canada or US, I can't do that online. Although it seems like there are two places in my town where I can send money through Western Union. Thanks for the info!

Hi there! Has any of you guys already received your DVDs? I'm asking because Valentinez is currently selling another 60!!! of them, and I was wondering whether he can be trusted or not, since I myself am veeeery very interested in finaly getting my hands on one of those!
Unfortunately (well, at least in this case ;) ), I'm living in Germany, and since I have no experience with Ebay or international shipping yet, I wanted to ask you how to manage shipping and payment best. I would appreciate any help with this very much, because I've been longing for this DVD since I first heard of it, about 4 or 5 years ago!

Well...

I've gotten mine already. Its in perfect shape too. Now if I can just get it to run a bit more stable than it does now, I'd be all set. And since this is the first time I've ever played WC4, is it supposed to be so hard to hit things with your guns, or do you really just have to be a damn good pilot?

Looks like I need more practice. ;)

-B

Barret7sc said:
And since this is the first time I've ever played WC4, is it supposed to be so hard to hit things with your guns, or do you really just have to be a damn good pilot?

Looks like I need more practice. ;)

-B

I think its suposed to be that hard, I got the PC 6 cd version and it is hard to hit the enemy unless I'm in a Dragon or a Bearcat which has the autotargeting feature that is oh so very nice!(btw, why would they only have 2 ships to choose from for the confed side but when you defect, you go up against thuds, arrows, and excalibers?)

Hi there! Has any of you guys already received your DVDs? I'm asking because Valentinez is currently selling another 60!!! of them, and I was wondering whether he can be trusted or not, since I myself am veeeery very interested in finaly getting my hands on one of those!
Unfortunately (well, at least in this case ), I'm living in Germany, and since I have no experience with Ebay or international shipping yet, I wanted to ask you how to manage shipping and payment best. I would appreciate any help with this very much, because I've been longing for this DVD since I first heard of it, about 4 or 5 years ago!
You can also get a WCIV double sided DVD at the German ebay. - I got mine there. That would make you save the shipping costs/trouble.
Hmm currently there is no auction, though. But sometimes there are 3-5 at the same time at www.ebay.de - But maybe it got less in the last year, no idea.

Hey, sounds good...I just wonder how this lucky guy managed to get 70 or more copies of the DVD...but as long as it's the original, I don't care. Of course, getting it at german ebay would probably mean less troubles with shipping, but as you said, there are no auctions at the moment, and I don't expect it to find there for only 10 Dollars...that is just TOO good to resist!
I also have played the CD Version (those CDs are almost holy to me...I've borrowed them from a friend about five years ago and never given them back :D , they're just too precious, and he doesn't care about it anyway, since they are a lot safer at me than at him). I have played that game over and over again, the first times even without joystick, and with a bit of training, it's not really hard to hit something...maybe you should use the...uh...damn, I don't know the word...what is this little circle called that tells you how far in front of a moving target you have to aim in order to hit it? Anyways, as far as I can remember, you can enable it with a certain keyboard combination. I think it was Ctrl+I, but I'm not entirely sure on that...I guess somebody here can tell you, it really makes aiming a lot easier ;)

Back