Nightmare

overmortal

Bearded Person
Y'know, it's not uncommon for people to have bad dreams. Sometimes people even have 'em more frequently than others. I've been having horrible, nightmarish, terrifying dreams every time I go to sleep for a couple weeks now.

A couple hours ago, I lay down for a nap. I have no less than four horrible dreams. Thankfully, I only 'remember' the first three:

1)My Uncle and a handful of other people were at my house. My dad wants me to go get his laptop computer (the one I set up in my room so that I could come in from my studio and still be able to check my e-mail and post here if it gets too hot). So, I go get it, and, when I return, he, my mother, and my uncle, all pressure me to move to Texas to live with my Uncle and his wife and kids. (Something I adamantly don't want to do, no offense to Texas). When I declare that I'd rather not, my uncle (being easily three times my size) attacks me.

2) I went to my college math class butt-naked. I wasn't terribly embarrassed about being naked, I was scared that my dad would hear about it and give me a hard time.

3) I, somehow, was driving my mom to a theater . . . in a forklift. In pouring rain (zero visibility). Instead, though, we ended up at a restaurant, to meet my dad. We get there, and he informs me that he recieved six phone calls from my college (and, I'm paying for my own college, remember this) and they've told him that, since I missed two full days worth of class, I've been dropped. (that's two DAYS, not two WEEKS like policy says). When I get furious and say "They're not supposed to DO that!" He grins evilly and says "They didn't! I just wanted you to confess to missing the days!" And, then, apparently, I'm in trouble. Meh!

What the crap is all of this? Three completely stupid dreams, and I'm glad I don't remember the fourth. All three involved either my dad, or my college classes; two things I'd rather not have to dream about. Am I the only one this is happening to?

Mom on a forklift - sexual disfunction

Math class naked - sexual disfunction

Move to Texas - sexual disfunction

That's what I think, at least.

If it bothers you I would try looking up on the Internet to try and find out what these dreams might mean. Professional sites, not some message board where someone with no knowledge on psychology can try and act clever. Failing that, then maybe seeking face to face help would be the next step. Hey, Tony Soprano did it. Anyway, there might not be some deep psychological reason behind it. I had nightmares of the lose ending of Secret Missions because I was genuinely scarred of it. No shrink needed to figure that out. Obviously, there's a little more to it in this case, but I wouldn't worry too much until you have a professional opinion. And maybe before you go to bed, put a game on that you want to dream about. Fighting side by side with the Tiger's Claw in it's finest hour. That might work. Hope that helps.

I had a terrible nightmare the other day. I dreamed I was a little baby, and Dolly Parton was my mom. And she was bottle feeding me. And I couldn't wake up! It was horrible. :(

HA! That's great.

I think the reason I had such strange dreams is because a) I wasn't supposed to skip classes, and I did, and now I'm beating myself up over it, and b) I live in fear of my dad, because he and I rarely see eye-to-eye on things. I'm in a psychology class, so I know this crap. I just hate having bad dreams EVERY f-ing time I sleep.

. . . well, except for that dream I had the other day about nailing a hot brunette . . . that was a nice dream . . somewhat moiste, but nice.

I don't believe dreams mean anything. Dreams can be completely irrational. I'll spare you the personal details, but I've been quite distressed at times from crazy dreams I've had. Interesting that usually it's only the bad dreams which are remembered, but even when it's a good one, I'm depressed when I wake up to find it was all 'just a dream'.

Fortunately, I can't recall dreaming anything particularly good or bad recently. A few times, I've had bad dreams, realised it's only a dream, and told myself to wake up. It's always a relief to be free of the insanity. :)

You know, I think you've just had the standard student nightmares. I know I've always had 'em:

* The final exam for a course you never attended
* Showing up naked to class
* Failing the easiest class in the world
* Arriving late to an exam
* Missing a course you're supposed to take, but somehow don't

I got those dreams when I was a student. Hell, I still get them around April (final exams), september (year starts) and december (final exams). It seems utterly common, and they settle down once you get into your school routine (and verify that you're attending all the classes you're taking!). They'll kick in around final exam time again. I found more of these when I was in university than in high school (partly because you're freer in university - no one cares if you attend or not).

Really, they just represent your hidden fears - if you talk to some of your friends about it, they'll say similar things. I've suffered through them (still do), so don't worry. It's part of the student experience.

I'll grant that sometimes dreams mean nothing. But some dreams are the results of the subconscience. Most of your nitemares are pretty standard and you can find the meanings for them pretty easily on the net or at a library or what have you. Trust me , i have trouble sleeping and often have nitemares (most of mine due to a hell of a lot of unnecessary stress) i once dreamt that i killed four people with a .357 which freaked the hell out of me because i'm not a violent person. It turns out that that dream often signifies a fear of change. At the time i was a senior in HS and getting ready to go 600 miles away from school.
Point is: some dreams (hell a lot of dreams) mean nothing. But oftentimes, if you actually read some of the standard meanings of common nitemares or just regular dreams, you often find out that you do have similar experiences that probably influenced that dream.

I would say that all dreams are the result of your subconscience. ;) Obviously they are going to change when under stress or other pressures. I must be dysfunctional though, I have never had any of the 'standard' dreams.

Uh, no I don't. At times I have nightmares. Goddard, Kilrathi slave mines. Nah, seriously, there you go. Just don't remember many of them, although Spirit gutting Colson like a fish is always a nice dream. Err, nice might not be the best description, but it makes me smile at least. Um, I think I'll stop now.

I have so many bad dreams, but they are related to real things that happen to me...

I'll just sum it up in one sentence :
God Hates Me.
'nuff said...

My scariest nightmare was logging on to the CIC and reading another of Overmortal's posts :(

Back