NEWS: The Man Behind the Machine

Lt.Death100 said:
It was kind of a joke. Guess I should have put a smilie in there to make it more clear though... :)

Since half the comm officers we see in WC are actually female, it wasn't a very good joke.

ChrisReid said:
Since half the comm officers we see in WC are actually female, it wasn't a very good joke.
well, if you dare look outside wing commander, to games like freespace and starlancer, I can't think of any except maybe the flight controller from the freespace intro

About the VDUs, how did you do them? Did you use digital video or are they cgi or what? They look really good, and to be honest, they are much better than what I had expected from a fan effort. Saga looks to be really shaping up!

Vinman said:
well, if you dare look outside wing commander, to games like freespace and starlancer, I can't think of any except maybe the flight controller from the freespace intro

I don't think that's really relevant. It certainly wasn't what he was referring to.

Vinman said:
About the VDUs, how did you do them? Did you use digital video or are they cgi or what? They look really good, and to be honest, they are much better than what I had expected from a fan effort. Saga looks to be really shaping up!

We used Poser to generate character images
22249.jpg

And, I will say that if you are waiting for another female comm officer, you'll have plenty of time for that in the main campaign. :)

KrisV posted

The final mayday message. Have you played Wing Commander?

well very long time ago, now im replaying but didn't finish

yeah, wich ones?i cant say much about wc1/wc2, bun in wc3/4/prophecy there was only Sosa, and comm officer from the transport in first mission/trans 5-3-5 from fourth misson in wc4 the rest are male

in fs2 there was quite a lot ships with female comm officers, but it doesnt really mater, cause no one will notice if they were actually baboons:D

Mancubus said:
yeah, wich ones?i cant say much about wc1/wc2, bun in wc3/4/prophecy there was only Sosa, and comm officer from the transport in first mission/trans 5-3-5 from fourth misson in wc4 the rest are male

"The rest" being the other half of comm officers. As LOAF already mentioned, there's also Major Edmond in WC2.

Bandit LOAF said:
... The unreleased (but completed!) SNES port of Wing Commander *2* even had full color comms!
Yeah, saw that one in the news section here - looks like it's using the same engine (or at least graphics) like Armada. Now, THIS would be a nice thing to find in something like EA Replay ;) .

Oh, and yes - WCS really looks good so far. I'll certainly like to see the finished version - which doesn't mean I want to make pressure on the team, have enough other things right now :) .

It was a new "action oriented" engine, but I think it mostly still looks more similar to WC2 PC than Armada.

Can the SAGA team provide a recording of the comm animations in action? If its okay that is.

Back