News: Cutscenes and Server move

Actually cebas renderer is better than mental ray, but, on the other hand, you have to purchase it separetely:)

I'll readily admit I don't know what specifically you are referring to here but it seems like to me there are simpler more effective rendering solutions for items like shadow maps etc. I know I use 500x500 shadow maps in my scenes and I can render a 150 frame clip in about 5-6 minutes (give or take on the other effects involved).

Cebas Final Flares

finalFlares, the successor of RealLensFlare II, is available now as a stand alone option for 3ds max 6/7 and Autodesk VIZ 2005. Finally, one of the best and most powerful F/X packages for 3ds max becomes available to every 3D artist for an affordable price.

Studios around the globe are using RealLensFlare and are upgrading to finalFlares already! The finalFlares effects engine has been used many major movie and game titles of today. Movies like Star Trek Nemesis, Lethal Weapon, Lost in Space, Schuh des Manitu or such million seller game titles like Command and Conquer, Star Craft, Diablo have all been using finalFlares F/X technology to do their special effects.

Cebas

I guess I wasn't see that much of a difference in quality in the shots posted and say for example this sample clip I quickly rendered...took about 6-7 minutes to render.

http://www.ctfboc.com/movies/test.wmv

As near as I can tell standard MAX rendering would work fine for your needs...? No special plugins required? But then again, I really don't know that much about Max.

I don't know about all this fancy rendering stuff, but it looks pretty dark to me.. and Paintshop Pro can do quite a good job of lightening it in a couple seconds.

ChrisReid said:
I don't know about all this fancy rendering stuff, but it looks pretty dark to me.. and Paintshop Pro can do quite a good job of lightening it in a couple seconds.

True. That is what post production is for :)

Back