New version?

Ijuin

Admiral
Reckoning 3.0 OpenSp Released - C&C

I noticed that there has been no activity on this board for nearly two months despite a new version of the Reckoning mod being made available.

Hey, I just gotta say, I absolutely love this mod. Please don't give up. It's gotta be the coolest mod for Freelancer available. Keep it up!

Hey, thanks on behalf on the mod theme - people like you make it all worthwhile :)

There should be a new release at some point in the future. Expect Perry and Constantinople (as displayed on WCNews), new Paradigm and Tarsus skins, and possibly some other assorted goodies :)

-bob

Blimey! You guys keep talking about Freelancer and this really cool Privater MOD. I simply must get this game and see what all the rave is about. I didn't think there were even any decent space flight sims since the last WC game.

man this mod is amazing!!! Privateer lives!!!!!

the music... the speech... the ships... just the Gemini Sector Map!! i love it!

@Bob

most of the systems.... are original from FL.....
are they gonna be changed to Priv maps in the future?

what do you think of the tradelanes?

i mean, they should be dumped!

Therefore the Cruise engine schould work as "Autopilot"

how?

Cruise speed up to ~2000
-> getting fast from A to B
-> flying through Asteroid Fields is impossible :D

To imitate the Autopilot from Priv (ENEMIES)

->enemies can easily smash the Cruise Flight with their improved WASP-missiles (extremely fast, and manoeverable) and the cruise needs 20 seconds to reload after a WASP-hit...

what do you think of it?

greetz

And is it just me, or are the textures for the Stiletto and Talon messed up. The Stiletto looks like the texture was applied upside down, and the bottom of the Talon with purple highlights has the same problem. I'll try to find some screenshots and post them.

i m french and i love your mod

good work i want to to see the futur of this mod.But i would like that you make the story of privateer in order to playing in solo like in the original game.That will be incredible.

is it possible to change all jumpgates into jumpholes?

yes the automatic waypoint system between different solar system would be useless, but this would happen also in my first proposal.... (its boring to let the cpu calculate the way to fly.... just look by yourself... .like old privateer... :) )

man! especially the Centurion!! it looks insane!

very goot work! this mod!

On behalf of the mod team, thanks for the praise; we are very, very happy you enjoyed it :) I'll try to answer what I can.

most of the systems.... are original from FL.....
are they gonna be changed to Priv maps in the future?

That was the original plan ... unfortunately, we're having some problems with the existing layout (bugs, crashes, etc.), and I don't think anyone is really interested in trying to alter anything too drastically at the moment. Freelancer is heavily interlinked; changing one thing often ends up altering another which causes something else to go FUBAR, and we really don't have the testers to compensate.

This is why I urge anyone, who has ever encountered a crash, bug, etc., to make a post or send an email (warzog1 @yahoo.com) detailing where they were and what they were doing. This is a far, far more important process than most players ever realize.

what do you think of the tradelanes?

i mean, they should be dumped!

Therefore the Cruise engine schould work as "Autopilot"

how?

Cruise speed up to ~2000
-> getting fast from A to B
-> flying through Asteroid Fields is impossible

To imitate the Autopilot from Priv (ENEMIES)

->enemies can easily smash the Cruise Flight with their improved WASP-missiles (extremely fast, and manoeverable) and the cruise needs 20 seconds to reload after a WASP-hit...

what do you think of it?

There's one (major problem) here: once you reach a certain speed, Freelancer doesn't care how fast you're going. At all. Heck, there was a mod that simulated "foldspace" (i.e., instantanious jumps in-system) simply by jacking up the cruise engine speed high enough. I *don't* believe 2000 is in that limit, though. Which brings us to the other problem - AI simply doesn't reach fast enough to fire off a missile when you're moving at 2000KPS or whatever the FL unit is.

As for the trade lanes, I believe that removing them would entail a large amount of work remapping flight patterns (which are coded, IIRC) and the like, which we simply aren't able to handle right now. Admittedly, I'm not positive on this; I'm not the main systems designer.

And is it just me, or are the textures for the Stiletto and Talon messed up. The Stiletto looks like the texture was applied upside down, and the bottom of the Talon with purple highlights has the same problem. I'll try to find some screenshots and post them.

Can't say I ever noticed that. I'll look it up.

good work i want to to see the futur of this mod.But i would like that you make the story of privateer in order to playing in solo like in the original game.That will be incredible.

Unfortunately, Freelancer's story is hard-coded; there's no way to change the missions or storyline, or script new cutscenes. If and when Microsoft releases the source code (and if there's any programmers interested in fiddling with it) that's on our wish list, but it simply isn't going to be happening any time in the near-future.

is it possible to change all jumpgates into jumpholes?

Hmm, I'm not sure; it seems like a fairly simple process (in fact, I believe an early version of the moddid just that). You'll have to check with warzog on that one.

Thanks for the feedback, and cheers.

Warzog here...
I'm the idot responsible for all of the complaints.
Bob just sent me a link to help sort things out.

The main reason(s) for leaving the Tradelanes, Old Systems, and Jump Gates in, was an attempt to keep the Freelancer Missions, also.
Unfortunately, they seem to be incompatible with the Gemini Sector, as I'd hoped.

I am in the middle of a non-related mod, but plan to release one last version of the mod without the Gemini Sector.
After that, once I get the sector generator working again, (Had a major system crash), I plan on rewriting EVERY system to match the original Privateer 1 info that I have.
For some reason, the generator's not allowing me to install bases, or jumpholes.
The new version will have only jumpholes, green ones, FL doesn't have Blue ones.

As to speed...
The limit is 3000, but in cruise, it still claims 300, although getting from point a-to-point b will actually take less time.

Once I finish rewriting Gemini, I'll try rewriting the missions.
Unfortunately, that's limited by the cinematics that come with FL.
That, and the fact that I don't have a translator for them.

hi guys!

ahm.... i've been looking on lancersreactor.. and what do I see?.... NEW VERSION OF RECKONING!!! yes yes yes!

but I have a question!

why do you name the "old" version "Reckoning 3.0" and this new "Open Sp 1.21 beta"? what's the difference?

man... so much new ships... even steltek drone!!! *loool*

I'm downloading now... @ work... and in a few days I hopefully can give you some reports!

please can you give comments on the bug reports, if you fixed it or not ect...

I can't wait until afternoon to play this mod!!

you guys rulez!!!

greets!

I'd uploaded the mod 3.0 to our ftp site, and to one of LR's admins, for BETA TESTING ONLY!!!
After doing some debugging, I made OpenSP, to narrow some of the problems down.
Next thing I know, 3.0 is all over the place!
The OpenSP version got that wierd number, because the admin I sent it to went on vacation, and passed it on to another.
The number is ACTUALLY the FLMM version that the mod works with!!!

The version on LR is actually a bit better, but Gemini is still all messed up!
(And I've spent more time explaining it than working on fixing it.)

Nevermind about the messed up textures. I had an older version, and that was why the textures were weird. I don't see anything wrong with them now.

Hi! what do you think of the "Dragon" (WC IV) and the "Excalibur" (WC III)

would you add them too?

ok, the Dragon is not balanced... this should be fixed... but this ship looks also very good! :D

as with any new ship, or base, we need a working model of it
currently, the Dragon is on our to-do list
it's just waiting on someone to model it

Back