New Mission Editor Pics

eddieb

Vice Admiral
Here's some shots of the new mission editor.

It adds the ability to place nav points.
nav_missioneditor1.jpg

nav_missioneditor2.jpg

Hehe, while it's useful for doing basic placement, and getting locations, I think the consensus on the boards is that you really do need to write a script for the more interesting missions.

But if anyone wants the source code to make a vision engine editor, they're welcome to it.

This is pretty cool. :) Can it edit briefings too?

Another suggestion: Why not allow the user to rotate it in 3d? That way, he can place the ships on the y-axis using the right mouse button.

Heh, the menu bar reminds me of Solaris. Lookin' real good. Are you intending for there to be scripts to update the nav map during flight?

Heh, the menu bar reminds me of Solaris. Lookin' real good. Are you intending for there to be scripts to update the nav map during flight?

You can enable/disable which navs a player can visit at any time.

Basically, to use the change nav point functionality, scripting is required.

This is pretty cool. :) Can it edit briefings too?

Another suggestion: Why not allow the user to rotate it in 3d? That way, he can place the ships on the y-axis using the right mouse button.

Not directly, but it might be helpful in laying out the nav points.

It's actually much harder to work in 3d, and I'd rather put the development effort into making the game better. But hey, you're all welcome to make a 3d editor.

Wow, am I reading this right. Nav's can be deactivated or activated by compound...as in no more ad hoc finishes changing what spawns at a nav?

Back