New home!

Cpl Hades

Mr. Kat
I finally took some photos of the new place. First let's remind ourselves what it looked like before...
loungeback.jpg

loungefront.jpg

bedroom.jpg

bathroom.jpg

There are still some finishing touches needed (like a kitchen light shade that isn't for a table lamp), but here's how things now look.

loungebacknew.jpg

loungefrontnew.jpg

bedroomnew.jpg

bathroomnew.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Holy cow, that's an incredible improvement. That looks really great. Maybe we should go to England prior to DC this year.

I am incredibly impressed with the difference. It looks like you put a lot of hard work into making it your place and it definitely pays off.
Congratulations on being able to finally live in your own place!

Wow, that's amazing. I don't even know what to say, did you decide on the specifics of all those changes and improvements yourself? I wouldn't even know where to begin.

Aside from the new flooring, it looks like most of the work was upgrading the bathroom and Kitchen (which are notorious for eating the most money in renovations anyway). Aside from that, I see perhaps a bit of filler, wallpaper removal and a lot of painting.

It's hard to tell for sure, but did you smoothe out the ceiling texture as well? That particular pattern was a bit of a fad here about 30 years ago...

Looks good.

Nope, it would have taken up far too much money to redo the ceilings. Also the walls are covered in woodchip paper which would be a nightmare to get rid of. I don't particularly like having it there, but a fresh coat of paint did make a difference.

A lot of it was based around whatever was cheapest and what would match the few pieces of furniture that I could take with me.

It's sort of like playing The Sims, only instead of The Sims, it's yourself.

Back