New Fan Fiction Different time

TCS George W Bush?

Oh well, to each their own.

I don't think there are any clashes, except possilbly the Melbourne but, nah actually i think that's alright. Unfortunately my knowledge of Confederation ship names coems from a few vague memories I look forward to seeing the story.

Well if we look at some of the ships throughout Confed history and if memory serves me, some ships are name after particular people. In this case I would might find this amusing to put his name in.
I will see how it turns out....

If i remember correctly the U.S presidents had lexington class carriers from the armarda/wc3 era named after them. I'm not sure if this was the case with older ships or not.

Its your story though so call them whatever you want.

Next US Navy carrier will be the USS George H. W. Bush, CVN-77.

As for the Lexington-class, I put that on Fleet Tactics (carriers named after famous former/future presidents) as a "what-if" way to partially explain carriers like the TCS Kennedy and the TCS Lincoln from Victory Streak, as well as the fact that the carrier Col. Blair wanted to be stationed on, the TCS Bradshaw, was named after an Origin person. Or the TCS Kinney, mentioned in Privateer.

Bandit LOAF said:
That part is all in the continuity - the eighty fighters thing is not. It's more than likely something that a fanfic writer . . .
I'd wager that our friend got his 85 number from the "out-of-universe" Wing Commander Bible, which lists the Victory as a Strike Carrier and carrying 85 fighters.

C-ya

It should be noted that the bible hasn't been published and thus isn't part of the canon -- it's an interesting read, but plenty of things in it contradict what has been established since it was written.

Dahan, go ahead with the fiction part. I'm not sure if Nelson Mandela would have liked to have a destroyer named after him, but if you place it right, it can always come off as irony. After all, it's only a name.

Shakespearetime: "What's in a name? A rose, by any other name, would smell as sweet."

Bandit LOAF said:
It should be noted that the bible hasn't been published and thus isn't part of the canon -- it's an interesting read, but plenty of things in it contradict what has been established since it was written.

Thus the Bible is effectively fanon? What is the source of this Wing Commander Bible?

Folks I made some error to my prolgoue to my fan fic before posting it up.
I want to know which wc universe map is the most accurate??
I am using the Published WCU Map -
The version of the Wing Commander Universe map which includes in most versions of Wing Commander Prophecy.
This map is from the Wing Commander Aces Fan Club.

Thus the Bible is effectively fanon? What is the source of this Wing Commander Bible?

I suppose that's as good a term as anything -- if something isn't published, it isn't part of the continuity. The bible is an interesting historical document (it was a writing guide that was created circa WC3), but no one would require that future stories take it into account.

The most up to date version of the WCU map is the one at https://www.wcnews.com/maps

Last edited by a moderator:
OK if that map is the most up to date why would others use some of the others maps which has been posted??

I'm not sure what you mean. The map I referenced is an updated version of the Prophecy map -- it adds additional systems and things which were created after Prophecy was published.

Well Bandit I am using the Map which was from the Aces Club.
Just looking at a glance, it is pretty up to date whereas the full map includes almost everything from WC1-Prophecy, Priv 1 and 2 and bits and pieces
With the fan fiction I doing it is pretty hard to get the right systems. So I am using the aces map.
How accurate are the two maps and how much do they differ??

They're different versions of the same map. The one at wcnews.com/maps is more accurate because it is a later version. It's WCU Map 1.5 instead of WCU Map 1.1 or somesuch.

hmm I doubt anyone would make any hissy fits if I used the WCU map than from that Aces than the one you are using then huh LOAF??

People would probably notice that it isn't up to date. It'd be like using a map from 1938 to find your way around Europe.

One of Cyberion's friends is doing a nice interactive Flash version that will be easier to understand.

Plywood Fiend said:
TCS George W Bush?

Oh well, to each their own.

I don't think there are any clashes, except possilbly the Melbourne but, nah actually i think that's alright. Unfortunately my knowledge of Confederation ship names coems from a few vague memories I look forward to seeing the story.

Hey, if the Navy can name an attack submarine the Jimmy Carter . . .

Back