New 3d printable Privateer, Tarsus model on thingiverse...

1702d59298f21f9f046a21a5868df24b_preview_featured.jpg

This is really cool. I would love one but don't have a 3d printer. I dunno the legal aspect of this but could u sell me one? Or work out a trade. This would just look great in my computer room.

That is not exactly unpretty. Or, to put it another way, it's absolutely beautiful. Both the model and the paintjob. Magnificent.

This is really cool. I would love one but don't have a 3d printer. I dunno the legal aspect of this but could u sell me one? Or work out a trade. This would just look great in my computer room.

As you guessed, legally it would be a bad idea to try to sell--that crosses the line from fan-art to profiting off of someone else's license.

3d printing is going to become more and more popular/cheap, so you consider downloading the files for later use--in case the model is taken down in the future.

Absolutely stunning. The Tarsus was never a pretty ship but you somehow managed to make it sexy! Outstanding job.

Out-*ucking-standing!

I got a place for one right next to my Shapeways models. I have no idea how I'd get it printed, but I need a challenge.

Whoa...this is on Thingaverse - the boys upstairs print crap off of Thingaverse all the time. I could so totally go get me a Tarsus right now...or at least, in a few hours when it comes off their LulzBot. Might have to arrange that next week.

The original post was on Monday - why did it take me this long to realize that?

Whoa...this is on Thingaverse - the boys upstairs print crap off of Thingaverse all the time. I could so totally go get me a Tarsus right now...or at least, in a few hours when it comes off their LulzBot. Might have to arrange that next week.

The original post was on Monday - why did it take me this long to realize that?

It'll probably take longer than "a few hours" to print, mine took 20+ hours at 0.1mm layer thickness. This prints in a lot of small pieces and has to be assembled. I did this to avoid supports as much as possible (the large part file doesn't need supports, the 2nd smaller file with the radar dish does).

Because some of the parts are so small, don't try scaling it down any more than it is.. in fact you'll get more reliable results if you scale it up a little from what's in the file.

Good luck.

Sweet project! turned out better than my 3D printed Tarsus, which was considerably smaller and less detailed

Back