Music Playlists

AzBat360

Spaceman
The nice thing about the Xbox 360 is that it supports custom "soundtracks" on every game. So if you don't like the music then you can always play your own. This is the first time I've had the need or the want to do this for a game. The soundtrack is very reminiscent of previous Wing Commander music, but it's very repetitive and not as good. Anyway, I've gone through the music library on this site and found a few tracks that should do well. However, I thought I would see what others are playing instead in case there's something I'm missing.

Tommy McClain

I'm sticking with the Arena music for now - I haven't even really had a chance to listen, I've just been chatting with everybody about the game.

... of course, that's no accounting for taste: I just finished the History Channel Civil War game set to Kelly Clarkson's new CD:(

However, I thought I would see what others are playing instead in case there's something I'm missing.

While I haven't done it with this game, I have a few soundtrack suggestions in mind like Medal Of Honor by Michael Giacchino or Where Eagles Dare by Ron Goodwin. (Now that you mention it, I might have to put some David Diamond to this game. Hmmm...)

Its all really a matter of taste, put on what you like!

Yeah, I like the in-game music. But I did notice it just seemed to be a single track played on a continues loop. And the track itself isn't very long before it restarts. I just turned the music down. However when I'm playing spacey games I pretty fond of ST: First Contact and ST: Nemesis. Ambient stuff like Aphex Twin or Boards of Canada can be good listening too. However, when I'm really into a game like this one, having my own playlist can just be a distraction from the game. My attention shifts between the songs I recognize and the ships shooting at me.

Well I have burnt the Prophecy soundtrack to CD awhile back (from here at the CIC) and the simulator music meshes well with Arena. Especially the music from the Midway Defense sim mission (Mission #8) for the Capship mode.

I've been thinking of getting the "Iron Eagles" songs from the attack scenes together for Capship battles. It'd be pretty interesting to recreate those scenes of destruction in a WC fighter blasting away to "We're not going to take it"

I've been thinking of getting the "Iron Eagles" songs from the attack scenes together for Capship battles. It'd be pretty interesting to recreate those scenes of destruction in a WC fighter blasting away to "We're not going to take it"

You know I wanted to do that way back when I was playing Stealth ATF in the 90's then I found the Iron Eagle soundtrack and low and behold I now have a CD with none of the songs I wanted and a bunch of songs I can't stand.:D
So I went with AC/DC LIVE, which went really well with the game throughout.

I would probably wind listening to Streetlight Manifesto, which could pretty good considering how fast their songs are, Catch 22 simply because that's what I'm going through now in my CD collection.:p

Back