Museum Pics?

bmac

Spaceman
Might be a dumb question, but how can I view the museum's collections? I was here a long time ago. I could have sword there were pics and/or a list of items.

Joe Garrity pulled the content of the Origin Museum after a disagreement (to put it mildly) with some of the CIC staff. Aside from what's copied into news articles on OM, the collection is not available online.

Is there something specific that you are looking for? We have a variety of resources and information on old Origin games at the CIC and in our personal collections.

Joe Garrity pulled the content of the Origin Museum after a disagreement (to put it mildly) with some of the CIC staff. Aside from what's copied into news articles on OM, the collection is not available online.

That makes it sound like we have some problem with Joe's site -- I should make it clear that we don't. He just kind of decided everyone was out to get him and left... it's a constant surprise and disappointment to me that he hasn't returned yet.

Is there something specific that you are looking for? We have a variety of resources and information on old Origin games at the CIC and in our personal collections.

No, I wasn't looking for anything in particular. I'm quite the Ultima nut (and collector), and I would love to gawk at all the cool stuff that was collected.

Joe's contact info?

I'm looking for the contact info for Joe Garrity with the old Origin Museum. I sent Joe some stuff a couple years ago and may have some more for him if he will drop me a note. Thanx!

Sheri@sirenia.com

-Sheri Graner Ray

Are you still having trouble? I talked to Joe tonight and he said he'd heard from you. I don't have another e-mail address, but I can send you his phone number via e-mail if you need it.

Anyone else get really sad and nostalgic for the old days? *sigh* I miss the games, I miss the camaraderie, I really miss the old people at Origin. :(

I find that the old Origin guys are just as happy to talk about the place today as they were ten years ago -- do you stay in contact with anyone?

You're welcome to hang out with our Wing Commander group on IRC -- we're all pretty crazy, but we've become good and close friends.

I haven't kept in touch with many unfortunately, and I miss them. I very occasionally talk to Harvey but that's about it. Lost track of so many when it all went tit's up. :(

I've tried doing the WC IRC thing but no one really talked much and no one knew who I was and I didn't know anyone so it was kinda weird.

JG, I got your voicemail but you didn't leave me a phone number to call you back. :D I'm hesitant to post my cell number but email me at tinah@crackednuts.com and I'll get it to you.

I haven't kept in touch with many unfortunately, and I miss them. I very occasionally talk to Harvey but that's about it. Lost track of so many when it all went tit's up. :(

I've tried doing the WC IRC thing but no one really talked much and no one knew who I was and I didn't know anyone so it was kinda weird.

JG, I got your voicemail but you didn't leave me a phone number to call you back. :D I'm hesitant to post my cell number but email me at tinah@crackednuts.com and I'll get it to you.

Most of us on #wingnut work (or go to school) during the day. But typically after 10 or 11PM PST everyone is in bed. I'm up a little later, but because everyone else is in bed, I'm usually playing a game or something and won't notice right away if someone new joins the channel.

That said, I'm pretty new to IRC and missed the newsgroup era. But I've been frequenting the various WC chat zones for almost 10 years. But I kind of missed out on the Ultima side of things so I'm not entirely familiar with all the history there.

With the Arena news, IRC has been pretty busy the last few days though. Some old hands that have been quiet of late are resurfacing and new faces are popping in to check things out and ask questions. Sometime in the afternoon is usually a good time to catch Chris or LOAF on though.

So this Joe Garrity fellow made a museum and had people and organisations send Origin stuff to him so they could be added to the museum - And then he decides to keep it all to himself?

Class act!

About as much a class act as digging up a thread that had been dormant for nearly 6 months, and then not even having the intestinal fortitude to sign your name to your post.

I know, 2 years after this thread died...I lived in Austin the last years Origin was there before it officially died, I knew exactly where it was, where the prophecy pic was taken at the loop360 bridge, at lake austin...I miss that area, I now live in upstate new york. I moved to austin to work for Dell computers and try to work for Origin because of WC...I was a wingnut...too bad. Ultima III was my first Origin game.

Back