Most anticipated video game of the fall?

So how is Force Unleashed? Is the camera as much of a bitch as the reviews have been saying?

I got it the day it came out, and I love it. There are times where the camera can be a pain in the ass, but they aren't that often, and it's an easy fix, just move a little and your view should be good again. My biggest complaint would be the object targeting. You can't always lock onto the object that you want to send flying towards the bad guys, but again, it's a simple fix. It's just annoying. This game is a must if you're a Star Wars fan.

I don't think a Wii port of something is ever the preferred version; it doesn't have HD output, it doesn't have the processing power to do all the physics stuff... it doesn't have achievements, it doesn't have the ability to store updates or DLC...

Despite all these shortcomings, if the majority of ports weren't so incredibly sloppy and lacking features I'd certainly consider the Wii when choosing a version of any given title. After playing Resident Evil 4 on Wii there is no going back for me, so if they were to port 5 to the Wii... well I'd almost certainly get both versions, but if I had to choose one it would be difficult. The pointer has a lot of potential for a lot of genres.

Now the bigger question is.....

Wii or Ybox version?

The Force Unleashed for Wii actually isn't actually all that sloppy, and has been getting reviews almost on a par to the other versions, but personally I didn't click with the motion controls (many reviewers did, but not me, my biggest gripe with the controls of both versions is with the targeting, I couldn't help but wonder if using the pointer to select and toss items wouldn't have been a better use of the remote than waggle actions), since this its main selling point I will have to agree with what has been said and recommend the 360/PS3 version.

I'm looking forward to a couple of games coming soon (if not this fall)...

Rise of the Argonauts on the 360
Final Fantasy XIII on the 360
Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood on the DS (for my girlfriend)

I think I'll wait on Fallout 3, mostly because I've never been a big fan of the post-nuclear war world. I'll probably try it first at a friends house and decide then. I do like what I've seen from their website and from some of their gameplay footage.

Oh, I'm also looking forward to the expansion for Sins of a Solar Empire that's coming out in November.

With regards to the "The Force Unleashed" discussion, I got it the day it came out (preorder, woo) and I've had so much fun playing it. I'm only mildly irritated that I've been affected by the "Default Text" glitch that you can see players complaining about frequently. LucasArts says they're on it, but since they let most of the TFU team go after they released the game, it's probably gonna be a while before we see any patching. I still really like the game though.

it doesn't have HD output, it doesn't have the processing power to do all the physics stuff... it doesn't have achievements, it doesn't have the ability to store updates or DLC...

After playing Resident Evil 4 on Wii there is no going back for me, so if they were to port 5 to the Wii... well I'd almost certainly get both versions, but if I had to choose one it would be difficult. The pointer has a lot of potential for a lot of genres.

Resident Evil 4 is a different case. It was a later port to a more powerful system, so you actually got better graphics, more features, etc. I don't see a RE5 Wii version overcoming all the 360 benefits.

Resident Evil 4 is a different case. It was a later port to a more powerful system, so you actually got better graphics, more features, etc. I don't see a RE5 Wii version overcoming all the 360 benefits.

Well the visuals weren't changed from the cube version, save true 16:9, and the features were identical to that of the PS2/PC. I think the million+ of sales of the port can safely be attributed to the controls. I certainly enjoyed playing Wii edition more than even my first play through of the GCN version (and I loved that).
It really depends where they go with RE5, but RE4, whose strength was the reinvention of controls of the franchise is probably much more at home on the Wii than say a graphically enhanced 360 version. Regardless of any check-list of pros and cons, going back to a standard gamepad is going to be difficult.

I got the PC version of RE 4. At first I thought it was crap, until I found the hi-res movie patch, and the mouse support patch.

Aiming with the mouse makes it soooo much easier.

Well the visuals weren't changed from the cube version, save true 16:9, and the features were identical to that of the PS2/PC. I think the million+ of sales of the port can safely be attributed to the controls.

Sure, some people rebought it based on the new controls, but the massive sales mostly have to do with the fact that a ton of people have Wiis that didn't have GameCubes and want a great game for cheap. (The Wii version could also be played "normally" with the classic controller) Those that did have a previous version would also be influenced by the proper widescreen, better graphics or exclusive content that none of the original releases had all in one package like this.

It really depends where they go with RE5, but RE4, whose strength was the reinvention of controls of the franchise is probably much more at home on the Wii than say a graphically enhanced 360 version. Regardless of any check-list of pros and cons, going back to a standard gamepad is going to be difficult.

I played through both Nintendo RE4s, and RE5 will be just dandy on the 360 controller. The 360 version will be much more than a "graphically enhanced" 480p game, and at this point there isn't even a Wii version in work.

Golden Axe: Beast Rider looks like it could be cool, but SEGA's track record with platform slashers isn't that promising. I'm looking at you, Viking.

I saw some Golden Axe game play and while I will always be a fan of the old arcade game, this could get me back into the slasher platform.

Well, I guess I was right about Beast Rider.

Just realized, though, that Malcolm McDowell is in Fallout 3 as the president of the Enclave.

One of the few old world organizations to survive the Great War, the Enclave was once the shadow government of the United States. Members of the Enclave were hardliners who both embraced the idea of a nuclear war and knew that the common man could not survive it. They believed that as long as the "important people" of the United States survived, they could regroup quickly and wipe out communism once and for all.

Fitting character for the guy who played Tolwyn, hm? ;)

IL2 Birds of pray.. I will buy an xbox360 for it..

I just LOVE Il2 Forgotten Battles (PC).. my favourite plane is Yak-3 (this one can take any other plane) and Spitfire (It's a real beauty)..

Anyone else loves sims like me?

IL2 Birds of pray.. I will buy an xbox360 for it..

I just LOVE Il2 Forgotten Battles (PC).. my favourite plane is Yak-3 (this one can take any other plane) and Spitfire (It's a real beauty)..

Anyone else loves sims like me?

I enjoy them quite a bit. I am waiting for Storm of War: Battle of Britain to be released. It's been a long wait so far...

Fable 2 has already come out, and that was really the game that I was most looking forward to. For the rest of fall, I'm getting

-Quantum of Solace
-Gears of War 2
-Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe
-Call of Duty: World at War

Oddly enough, I think it's Quantum of Solace and Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe that I'm looking forward to the most.

And three from me, although I've had almost no time to play it.

The Best Buy here in Rockville was open at midnight on Tuesday for the Fallout 3 launch, with the Fallout 3 team (and Linda Carter, for some reason) signing copies. I still haven't caught up on sleep.

Back