Most anticipated video game of the fall?

You can make targeted shots at certain body parts while using guns similar to the previous games; time will pause momentarily while you do so. I think a blend of FPS and RPG is probably the best description.

There are 5 good gameplay vidoes for Fallout 3 available for download under the "What's New" -> "Game Videos" section of the Xbox Live marketplace, and they are worth watching. You can build weapons from junk you find in the wasteland, including a C4/lunchbox shrapnel bomb and a gun which fires railroad spikes using steam pressure, and yes those spikes will rip off your enemy's head and staple it to the wall behind them. The videos also contain probably the most well-known spoiler for the game, so if you don't know what happens at Megaton and don't want to know, then wait for the real deal.

I'm not as much worried about the perspective as whether Beth will deliver on the dialogue. They're promising it, but they promised plenty of things for Oblivion.

well.. considering that fallout is reportedly a game with far fewer npcs and about 8 times the dialogue of Oblivion, I think its a promise they can deliver on.

Sam & Max Season 3 is all that's on my mind right now, though it's more of winter release.

I'm really excited about Red Alert 3 and Fallout 3 looks intriguing, and I think Red Faction 3 will be out by December, but I've got to get a new machine to run any of the "big games".

I've got Spore coming but the one game I will always bee addicted to is Audiosurf, particularly now that I've got Metallica's new album.

I suppose I'm looking forward to Fable 2. I'm trying to be cautious about my expectations for it though. While I'm sure Lionhead learned a lot of lessons from Fable 1's reception, I haven't been really impressed by what I've seen so far.

Fallout 3 has just been making me wish I had played Fallout 1 and 2. I hear lots of mixed things about Fallout 3 from hardcore Fallout fans and I've been struggling whether to accept much of it as valid criticisms, or just fanboy criticisms from people who fear change in video games.

I hope it's more dynamic than Oblivion though in terms of NPC interaction and story. While Oblivion was a fun game for me, I still found it to be overall kind of a cookie cutter RPG that was seriously lacking in RPG elements.

And I know Spore is already out, but I've been playing it for the past couple days and I'm having lots of fun with it. I kind of wished the microbial stage had lasted longer though. I enjoyed wading through the water and eating plankton.

Wasn't it "Affirmative" in the original?

haha, yup. It was both! IIRC, there were two voiceover artists used for the Russian vehicles, and one for the standard infantry. Both 'acknowledged' and 'affirmative' were standard responses.

I loved the 10 year anniversary edition that had all of the C&C games on it for XP, except that the Soviet FMV was missing for the campaign! Curious considering all the video was present for the allies. It's like they just ran out of room and said 'screw it!' :confused:

You can d/l RA for free from EA now. They did a promotion similar to the one they did for the 10th anniversary of C&C.

I loved the 10 year anniversary edition that had all of the C&C games on it for XP, except that the Soviet FMV was missing for the campaign! Curious considering all the video was present for the allies. It's like they just ran out of room and said 'screw it!'

They patched this almost immediately. It was a bug that came up because of how the game was originally designed to operate on two discs instead of one. The video was on the disc but the game didn't know to look for it properly.

Rock Band 2 is great! It's exactly like Rock Band, but with a Dylan song!

Actually, I love all the little things they fixed -- I was pretty frustrated about having separate characters for singing and for playing guitar in the original.

Yes, I sing. Be afraid.

Has anyone played Force Unleashed yet? I'm off to pick it up after work.

Also: Feeding Frenzy 2 came out today! FINALLY! Woo!

Rock Band 2 is great! It's exactly like Rock Band, but with a Dylan song!

Actually, I love all the little things they fixed -- I was pretty frustrated about having separate characters for singing and for playing guitar in the original.

Yes, I sing. Be afraid.

Has anyone played Force Unleashed yet? I'm off to pick it up after work.

Also: Feeding Frenzy 2 came out today! FINALLY! Woo!

I should have picked up Force unleashed but I bought NHL '09 to play with my friends that live here... :(

I'm not usually a sports game person but it's a really good sports game for those that are into them. And the new "be a pro" mode is really indepth and has an interesting dynamic to it. Plus being able to poke-check makes it way harder to be a one-man-team so the gameplay has better team feel. I really hate that the acheivements suck big time though.

But for anyone that likes hockey it's pretty much a must. And they have full six on six multiplayer now (and leagues). Actually there's a ton of multiplayer stuff that I haven't even touched yet.

Oh my gosh, Feeding Frenzy 2 is sooo good. It's exactly like Feeding Frenzy 1, but with one key difference...

Wait, they took that out.

I like how they finally added AC/DC to the franchise (Rock Band/Guitar Hero), and the one song available is really random. Kind of like how they put Van Halen in GH2, but used a song that was already a cover of a Kinks song.

The current rumor is that Rock Band 2 is getting a physical AC/DC mission disk.

Also: I am having trouble getting the free Stephen Colbert song out of my head.

Back