More LEGOs

From the descriptions in ER/FA/FC (I discount the Eder's Standoff model because they sort of needed to make it fly through for the Vision engine), the Tarawa does not have a fly through hangar. Near the end of ER when the Tarawa is battling Thrakhath (right before Concordia shows up) a Sartha stations itself in front of the entry way and proceeds to unleash round after round into the hangar that slam into the bulkhead at the rear of the bay.

Bear also notes the disadvantage of the configuration in ER when he takes about new carriers have 2, 3 even 4 launch bays.
Actually, there's no requirement for fly through decks in the Vision engine at all. The reason I gave Standoff's CVEs a fly through deck was partly because I wanted the design to seem like a "bridge" between the WC2 and WC3 design philosophies, and mostly because I missed that particular quote in ER. :p I only saw it when Marc made his Tarawa model and pointed that out in a forum thread, years later... by then, reworking the model of the most important ship in Standoff was out of the question already.

I believe the launch bay thing is unrelated to the number of hangar openings, and more to do with the fact that only one ship could be readied for launch (or launched) at a time... this seems to be backed up by the fact that we never see a ship with 3 or 4 hangar openings, despite Bear's quote from ER. :p

AFAIK, we never see the Victory or Lexington launching fighters from the rear end of their hangars, so I don't think that the extra hangar opening is what counts as a second "launch bay". Standoff's CVEs can still only launch one ship at a time regardless of having a fly through hangar.

Actually, there's no requirement for fly through decks in the Vision engine at all. The reason I gave Standoff's CVEs a fly through deck was partly because I wanted the design to seem like a "bridge" between the WC2 and WC3 design philosophies, and mostly because I missed that particular quote in ER. :p I only saw it when Marc made his Tarawa model and pointed that out in a forum thread, years later... by then, reworking the model of the most important ship in Standoff was out of the question already.

Gee I guess there goes your saying about a tester who already knows how everything works... :p

I believe the launch bay thing is unrelated to the number of hangar openings, and more to do with the fact that only one ship could be readied for launch (or launched) at a time... this seems to be backed up by the fact that we never see a ship with 3 or 4 hangar openings, despite Bear's quote from ER. :p

AFAIK, we never see the Victory or Lexington launching fighters from the rear end of their hangars, so I don't think that the extra hangar opening is what counts as a second "launch bay". Standoff's CVEs can still only launch one ship at a time regardless of having a fly through hangar.

I think the quote and concept behind it has to do with the influence of the Concordia and its two distinct launch bays (despite the fact that both entry the same hangar area). Perhaps why Forstchen gives the Hakaga 6 launch bays, each with a separate hangar.

Couldn't remember if Ella was bigger but here goes-

Attachments

• ella.jpg
    ella.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 94

Actually, in WC1, the Tigers Claw had one landing bay and several launch tunnels. They are on the sides of the carrier. I think there was an animation in the game somewhere that showed you and your wingman taking off at the same time. Then the Concordia always had you and your wingman launch within seconds of each other from opposite sides of the hanger bay.

Back