money for WC fiction

casperXJ

Spaceman
would anyone pay money for a WC fan fiction work like mine? (maybe a PDF version with author's notes, etc.)

[see if i can get some reward for the hours]

Maybe if you moved to Japan and got someone to illustrate it ...

Considering how I used to write a lot of WC fiction when I was a teenager and did it for fun instead of money, you should be shot for suggesting such a selfish and greedy venture.

Ghost will give "paying the price for Casper's stories" a totally new and different (not to mention bloody) meaning.

Casper has more chance of making money from the picture below then he will from making WC fiction.
help_him.jpg

apparently, you missed my point: I didn't say you had to pay to read something that is copyrighted, as balrog suggested

think of it as a donation for a hardworking writer, which is more than psych can call himself

anyway, i'll continue working on the epilogue of my novel - i might actually finish, lest someone shoot me in the head

I love that "you never did this before, so shut up!" reply. (however, I stand by my original point. You write fiction because you want to, not because you want to make some money). Granted I don't have the time to do it anymore, but I got a WC writing resume quite a bit longer then yours.

But to be honest, I don't talk about it or put it on display on my profile. But I prefer this because I like using the element of surprise in my favor when people underestimate me and thinks I'm some sort of incompetent moron. I get kicks out of it.

And in addition, nowhere have you even mentioned a copyright issue in your first post. It was only *after* Balrog replied that you incorporated it in your defense. I, and others, take your initial post as it was: the possiblities of you getting paid for your work because you thought "I worked hard on it, I should get paid while I am at it". You even went as far to suggest a PDF format (I will assume you will not have that same text from the PDF uploaded free on your website if you had your way). You got an answer, and you didn't like it.

all right, well, I don't want to argue over a computer game

psych, you're right - I didn't have money in mind when I started writing, and I guess to ask for it now would ruin the spirit that this forum and the CIC represents

let me spell it out:
In no way are you obligated to pay to read any work of mine based on the Wing Commander universe.

that said, I hope that you will continue to read and support my work, though there will be no hard feelings if you don't

Back