Mission Viewer

I am a bit confused, are you talking about the ship viewer ? If that's the case, there is nothing more you can do other than... viewing the ships :p There are buttons below the displayed ship to rotate/light the models, that's all.

Well, the basic idea is that before every mission (so, also before even starting the first mission), you get a set of new fiction documents that you access by selecting a given mission in the viewer. Additionally, for all the missions after the first one, you will be given a password in the game - usually, there's two passwords, one for when you won a mission, and another for when you lost.

Are you having any particular problem with it, though? It's a bit difficult to help when the problem is described so generally.

Ok, where are you stuck ? Usually, you first enter your in-game callsign, then follow the instructions. You won't see much unless you enter the passwords you get at the end of each mission, though.

[edit]Q answered while I was still typing

ok, so at first, I would enter the callsign that I was using in-game, and then I read the fiction titled Prelude. Then I flew a mission, made a note of the password, and went back to the fiction viewer, but was never prompted for this password. All I could do was read the Prelude stuff again!. Eventually, I was given the option to view mission one but nothing further! Odd, huh? Anyway, the game is fantastic, challenging (at least for me, who's been away from WC for so long), and I don't think I've ever had to go around shooting down torpedoes this much.

The way it works is that you always have to first open the fiction to the previous mission before the option of opening the fiction for the next mission even appears. So, until you opened the Prelude fiction, the mission 1 fiction wasn't there... and then the mission 2 fiction would only appear after you've opened up the mission 1 fiction. You don't have to go through all the fiction pieces for a mission, mind you - just have to open something.

Back