Mission two - Fralthi

Vasator

Spaceman
Hello,

First I would like to comment on how great this game is... I love flying the Scimitar! THe question I have is: How do I find the Fralthi? I've been playing this mission over and over and somehow cannot find it. I switched my nav point to the Fralthi NAV and apparently I have to afterburn to the site because the kilrathi fighters are around and the crosshairs for the nav point does not show up. Is there a key or something I need to hit to have the nav crosshairs stay up?

Thanks,

Alex

For some reason I can't remember for sure, but I believe if you press 'N', the crosshairs will show up.

Thanks

Yup that is what it was.. kept on thinking that it was CTRL-N but that brought up the nav map... been awhile since i've played WC... Now i'm on the one with the ralari... man that is tough... i'll figure it out soon enough..

Thanks,

Alex

I would suggest that you let your wingmen take care of the turret while you hold off the fighter... I found it to be easier that way. :)

I liked to use my wingmen as flackbait and hit the turrents when they were distracted. save your dumbfires for them. works wonders. What I would do for a mace missle.

I hate flying the scimitar, I didn't like it WC1 much either.
Medium fighters are just average... I need an advantage somewhere, be it in speed, shields, guns or missiles. Average just doesn't cut it for me

In Prophecy, I played simulator mission 7 with a tigershark, BOOM BOOM BOOM! Dead. The pirhana, however, I lasted the whole fight. I can't stand bomber missions too.. but that story is for another day.

Ralari

Is there any way to capture the ralari in the game? Also what are the mission roadmaps? How many different paths are there in the game? I want to play every mission.

Thanks,

Alex

No, you can't capture the Ralari. Having heard about the Fralthi's capture, the Ralari crew would sooner press the self-destruct button then let their ship be captured (and besides, the Fralthi capture was a bit dodgy in any case... I don't know if a single shuttle of marines could really have captured the entire ship had the Fralthi's commander not chosen to surrender).

As for the mission roadmaps... well, the main factor is always the Fralthi - first you have to capture it, and then you have to keep it alive. If you capture the Fralthi, you play 2A and then, if it's still alive, you go on to 3A (if it dies, you go to 3B). Otherwise, you play 2B and then 3B.

After mission 3, you get three missions where the Fralthi does not matter - mission 4, mission 5A/B, and mission 6. In the case of mission 5A/B, the branching is determined by whether you saved Beaufort. If you saved it, you play 5A. If you lost it, you play 5B, the mission where the Dauntless abandons the system (IMO, it was one of the best missions of the game). After 5A, you always get mission 6 (needless to say, after 5B all you get is an endgame cutscene).

Then, for missions 7 to 10, the A/B versions are again determined by whether the Fralthi is still alive. The Fralthi doesn't really contribute that much to the battle, but it does make life a little easier - and you get to play with Kilrathi ships in missions 8 and 10 if the Fralthi's still alive. Otherwise, you gotta play with the Scimitar again.

Thanks for the info

Thanks,

I've gotten to the end mission and have seen the winning endgames. I love flying the Kilrathi fighters it is so challenging! I did reach one of the losing endgames but i neglected to save those missions and am going to play the game again and see what the outcomes of losing each mission entails.

Unknown Enemy as well as Standoff have to be IMO the coolest Wing Commander mods I have ever played. I can't wait until episode 4 is released for standoff.

Later,

Alex

Back