Minor issue with mouse

S

Some Weird Guy

Ok, its been installed and plays nicely. One problem though, I don't seem to have a mouse pointer. Its kinda hard to try to do stuff like buy commodities w/o seeing where your mouse is. Can anyone help?

run setup.exe
under the base options there should be an option for hardware mouse cursor with large bases

select that

the official name of the option in setup.exe under Bases is
Blurry Bases Hardware Cursor
or
Big Bases Hardware Cursor

My problem seems to be the exact opposite... the green pointer shows up correctly, but I can't get rid of the OS pointer! Thus, I always see two pointers on the screen, and since they aren't even aligned to each other it's a bit annoying.

Any ideas on how I can fix this? I'm running v1.0 under Mac OS X.

can't figure out how to turn it off... to get them aligned you can move to large bases in setup...
I call "make mouse disappear" but the OS only listens if you play in windowed mode...go bug apple or something

OS X mouse issues

hellcatv said:
can't figure out how to turn it off... to get them aligned you can move to large bases in setup...
I call "make mouse disappear" but the OS only listens if you play in windowed mode...go bug apple or something

I have this problem too. The first time I ran the game (which is totally amazing, btw) the OSX mouse never showed up. The second time, it did, and I just put up with it, but eventually it went away. I'm pretty sure this happened right after I saved the game. It hasn't done this consistently since then, but perhaps that will help you to find the problem. Also there might be other os x apps that are open source that get the mouse to disappear in full screen (where you could find their solution without too much trouble) - dosbox comes to mind, but I'm sure there are others.

I have iBoy´s Problem, too.
Stupid playing with two mice. To go somewhere on the station, you need the game cursor. To accept a mission, you need the MacOS X cursor.

This gives rise to another bug.

When in full-screen bases mode and you only have one cursor (the game cursor), you can move the perceived location of the cursor off the edge of the screen while the cursor itself remains touching the edge where it went off. This means that you can move the mouse around outside the boundaries of the screen and your cursor won't move, leading you to believe it's borked, whereas all that's happened is the control has left the frame of the screen.

This appears to be caused by the fact that the movement from one side of the screen to another within the game correlates with a much smaller movement of the OS cursor itself, which in turn means that the OS cursor is capable of moving further than the game cursor is.

major mouse issues

my mouse has bee doing a belly flop. at first i chose highest graphics ad stuff and it was jumpig when i told it to move. then i set it for porest stuff and it didn't change a bit. my cpu is pretty fast, has an ok video card and no sound card but i set it for no soud so that is not a issue but still my mouse is jumping at a very slow rate.help!!!!!!

bigbad bubba said:
my mouse has bee doing a belly flop. at first i chose highest graphics ad stuff and it was jumpig when i told it to move. then i set it for porest stuff and it didn't change a bit. my cpu is pretty fast, has an ok video card and no sound card but i set it for no soud so that is not a issue but still my mouse is jumping at a very slow rate.help!!!!!!
Try running the setup and changing mouse AWAY from the "drag" option. I just tried it to see if it resolved one of the issues I'm having with using a mouse (instead of the old days where I used a stick), namely returning to "center" quickly instead of having to slide the mouse halfway across a pad (and perhaps not hit exact center...) - basically just to have it stop steering instantly.

Sadly, drag-to-steer just seems to make everything *extremely* jerky. (it seems to move in "steps", similar to tapping one of the arrow keys).

This is a bug, IMO!

thanks but...

it didnt exactly work it helped but it was still "jerky" i think it my be my ram and proccesor(pentium four)but my proccesor is good so it must be my ram it runs fine on my laptop infact it goes lighting speed. another problem i have is on my third computer. i got it installed. my other cpuhas poor graphic so it took me a while to get it to work but IF i got it runing with out norto trying to block it with fire wall i could play but then the mouse would get real slow like my other and if i tried to quit the game would freeze andi could do nothing more end task did not work esc didn't i tried everyuthing i finaly had to pull the plug on my cpu and reboot anyone know why? or how i caN FIX THIS.please help (it may be because it runs office xp but my laptop does and it runs fine my other runs home xp)

fyodor said:
Try running the setup and changing mouse AWAY from the "drag" option. I just tried it to see if it resolved one of the issues I'm having with using a mouse (instead of the old days where I used a stick), namely returning to "center" quickly instead of having to slide the mouse halfway across a pad (and perhaps not hit exact center...) - basically just to have it stop steering instantly.

Sadly, drag-to-steer just seems to make everything *extremely* jerky. (it seems to move in "steps", similar to tapping one of the arrow keys).

This is a bug, IMO!

Ok, I've got a P4 3.2 ghz, 2 gig ram ... my mouse jerks like no tomorrow.

Sigh.

I'm going to try a few changes and see if the help, but the jerking mouse is a deal breaker.

Realized that my system doesn't support a non-usb joystick. Maybe I'll have to get one of those.

Back