Master Ship List

That is the flight deck. It is so large because the ship is huge and because it would carry a large amount of smaller craft from fighters to assault ships.

Thanks I always wondered everytime I flew in there was some major clipping issues and I could never tell what it was I was seeing I remember some type of cell bar looking thing inside of there. I don't its been forever since I play WC3 I should dig it up and figure out how to get it running. Its kinda funny when I was younger my computer wasn't fast enough to run it but now everthing way too quick to run the older games that I used to love to play I guess thats why consoles are nice.

Any chance of getting more screenshots? Also kinda curious how the prologue is coming. Just wondering if the delay is because you guys want to release all at once or close to the main release. Just wondering if progress is being made not wanting to intrude also Starman what craft where you able to keep out of the mod? Just curious I saw your last post in HLP forums and was just curious.

Well, I do have some free days next weeks (after countless months ;) ) So I think I can wrap together a few screenshots, since next week is update time anyway :)

Not sure which post at HLP you mean and I don't want to spoil much, but to give you are short overview, we will have all WC3 vessels in the mod (though not in the prologue), the assault shuttle as the only WC4 model (I think, I have to proofread 2/3 of the mainscript next week before I can be sure), and a few ships from WC2, but they will only sidepart-roles (spelling ?) and won't be seen very often.

All vessels featured in the prologue are listed in the database on the website, except the kilrathi-transport (which should be added shortly) and one or two ships special to the story, so we didn't wanted to spoil anything.

As for the work progress, Tolwyn and Lars are currently rendering the intro (which takes ages, especially since I'm nitpicking about small parts all the time :D). I made another check on the missions, selected a stable *.exe and next week we will upload a new internal beta (which will be complete besides the intro and 10 voicelines still missing) which will be tested by our two new beta testers.

Once that is done, and the intro is finished, we will see how it goes. I'm seeing that development very positive right now :)

Starman©

All great news got another question wasn't there a campaign planed called front line of the devil or somthing along that sorts. If I remember correctly it was to take place in the border worlds Is that campaign on hold or cancelled? Also is this intro going to be using the game engine or is it like your guys trailer you released awhile back?

As for the post it was in the assault shuttle upgrade thread it reads as follows.

May 9
And that's not only limited to this model btw, there are a few other models in the WC-Universe. Luckily I was able so far to
keep them out of the mod

Thanks for responding again

Stone48420 said:
And that's not only limited to this model btw, there are a few other models in the WC-Universe. Luckily I was able so far to keep them out of the mod

Ah, that one :) Let's just say, without going into to much detail, I really dislike a few of the wingcommander designs. But taste is different, so that's just my opinion.

As for the movies, I'll keep that one a suprise, it's well worth it. Trust me :)

Regarding the "front line of the devil" campaign, that's a little confusing to me too. AFAIK the "awakening of the claw" was the wc4/Border Worlds campaign and was the centre of the mod when I joined 3 1/2 years ago. Though this has been cancelled shortly after that and we then focused on the WC3 campaign we are now working on.
I think "Front line of the devil" is just a old name or a synomyn for that wc3 campaign. Others might correct me if I'm wrong :)

I'm not even sure there will be any need because (correct me if I'm wrong people) the Excalibur was only given to the Victory.

The large transfer of Excalibers' on board the Victory, during the run-in to Kilrah, suggests that the fighter was given a wide release to a limited number of ships. Also its backed up by the point that the excaliber was the only abled ship to carry out the tough task of delivering the T-Bomb on Kilrah.

As for the movies, I'll keep that one a suprise, it's well worth it. Trust me

I was under the impression that the 'movie' would feature ONLY in the prologue. Seems I had read the wrong things there. Does that mean a more extensive shoot for you...whilst lagging behind the expected deadline? (if there is one) :)

The large transfer of Excalibers' on board the Victory, during the run-in to Kilrah, suggests that the fighter was given a wide release to a limited number of ships. Also its backed up by the point that the excaliber was the only abled ship to carry out the tough task of delivering the T-Bomb on Kilrah.

The Victory recieved the first operational Excalibur squadron, transferred from the TCS Eagle specifically for the T-Bomb mission. We don't know how many other squadrons may have entered service in the last few weeks of the war (though four are shown in the WC:CCG).

Getting excited looks like a release may be soon (am I wrong?) Been a few years waiting kinda wish I had some 3d accleration on my computer I don't know if Ill be able to run it with all the upgrades to the freespace engine.

Just thought I would back track here alittle to get some things covered on whats in and whats not correct me if wrong please.

Autoslide: not in mod
Autotracking guns:not in mod yet?
Autopilot: complete no flyby though
Cloaking: Done playerwise but not for AI
Afterburning: Complete and not infinate

hope you guys know what I was trying to set up I just spend a few hours on the road and feeling alittle tired so I hope things make sense. No rude comments please.

Stone48420 said:
Getting excited looks like a release may be soon (am I wrong?) Been a few years waiting kinda wish I had some 3d accleration on my computer I don't know if Ill be able to run it with all the upgrades to the freespace engine.

Hm, I really don't want to say that the release is close. There are still a few minor things missing and we are working on the Movies as we speak (there will be a related update on that issue shortly, just a sneak preview :) ). Besides that we have been releasing a new beta for our testers a few days too. But 'm confident that release will be this year, depends on when we will be able to drop our perfectionism :D

Autoslide: not in mod

Currently not, but maybe we get a coder to this sometime. However, because our list for code requests is already the longest from all FS-Projects, I haven't requested that official. I would rather spare that for getting some more important stuff. We will see.

Autotracking guns:not in mod yet?

Not 100% sure on this one, but I think they worked on something like that a while back. Maybe we can have it in the maingame.

Autopilot: complete no flyby though

Correct, but to be honest I like it the way it is, because it's a complete new feeling. I like the effect of having the ship moving through navpoints while you are aware of that moving (in time-compression of course, otherwise people would stop playing after the first mission) :)

Cloaking: Done playerwise but not for AI

Nope, that's a sad thing. We are not getting that codechange it seems. Though I can't imagine why that should be so hard to do. All I want is having a ship slowly changing to a invisible texture, and come back on scripting bases. I simulate so many things in the missions with scripts, I wouldn't mind doing that one too. Maybe we get a solution for this, but as of today we haven't.

Afterburning: Complete and not infinate

Yep, just like in good old days of WingCommander

hope you guys know what I was trying to set up I just spend a few hours on the road and feeling alittle tired so I hope things make sense.

No problem, if you have questions/comments feel free to post, that's what this board is for :)

Starman©

Autoslide.... how different is it from the current Glide option? That is glide locks ships movement and allows player to freely rotate the ship while it is gliding

Wanderer said:
Autoslide.... how different is it from the current Glide option? That is glide locks ships movement and allows player to freely rotate the ship while it is gliding

That *is* autosliding, or do you mean a function in freespace? In Wing Commander you Lock your afterburners on to do this though so you are also moving very fast.

Well i meant the freespace option... But i was just wondering teams statement about autoslide:
Currently not, but maybe we get a coder to this sometime. However, because our list for code requests is already the longest from all FS-Projects, I haven't requested that official. I would rather spare that for getting some more important stuff. We will see.

But 'm confident that release will be this year, depends on when we will be able to drop our perfectionism.

The full game? Or the demo? I think a working demo should be a first if you willing to recieve a positive feedback on a game that is certainly a loooong project. No doubt it will be good though.

Starman© said:
(in time-compression of course, otherwise people would stop playing after the first mission) :)

I dunno Starman, I actually loved the feeling og WC1 before i learned about autopilot. It was much more time consuming, but it was also much more tense.:)

@Wanderer

Why ? Has it been already implemented ? I must have missed that then :)

@Don

The upcoming release will be some sort of demo (that was it when it was born, and it then grown up to a full grown prologue). It has a small campaign introducing the main-character and some additional sim-missions to make the replay value a little higher

@Dyret

Same happened to me when I launched my first WC-Game. I got frustraded after the second mission and then finally read the handbook :)

I had that problem when I picked up SNES WC1 a few years back, only it was worse because I couldn't find a way to autopilot but knew there was one...

The upcoming release will be some sort of demo (that was it when it was born, and it then grown up to a full grown prologue)

Man I still remember the very first basic scripts I wrote when Tolwyn said "I want a demo write a script you got 5 minutes"...and evern after all that changes their is still some little parts of it in it...but its not comparable to what its now.

Back