Master Ship List

S

Stone

Ive been a long time fan of Wing Commander and also a long follower of this mod but Ive been curious about what ships are going to be appearing. I have gone threw the screen shot release page several times and seen a great deal but I was wondering what ships are in the mod for certain. Wether its the border worlds banshee of confeds from armada. Im just curious as what Im gonna be getting to play with here. I know most its gonna be ships from Wing commander 3 but Im just wanting to know what others Im gonna get to fly.

All ships that are in the prologue can be found on our Website under Database and then select "Fighters" or "Cap. ships"
For more infos you can go to the Saga Database

During the prologue missions you will be able to fly the Arrow, Hellcat and Thunderbold.
The Longbow can be flown in a simulator mission. Same goes for the Arrow, Hellcat and Thunderbold.

Ive seen those several times already. What I was wondering is what ships are going to be in the main game. What is the Saga team planing to include ship wise. I wouldn't mind seeing a wraith or a rapier in the main package. Or a confederation class dreadnought I was wondering what ships are going to be put into this mod.

The list isn't final at the moment so I don't want to say anything that is later wrong. We have changed the list many times to fit everything to the know facts from the different sources.
I think their will be some interesting ships in it but I can't prommise anything yet.

I understand thanks for the response. Whats the limitations in freespace on how many ships that can be included? I do think the work you guys are doing is great also thought these boys(http://swtc.telefragged.com/) where doing a good job for a while cannot wait to see the final product don't let bickering slow you down.

If I get it right you want to know how many different ship-classes could be included, is that right?
From my information a rough number is about 130.

Thank you for the response, I was also wondering how are you guys handling the cloaking situation. Is there going to be ships that can cloak or is cloaking not going to be part of this mod? Sorry for so many Q's been following for a few years now and never seen a solid response to some of these. Thanks

I am not fully up to date about this. My latest information is that its mostly working for the player but to get the AI to use it in a practicable way would require quite some changes to the AI that aren't planed at the moment.

Yes, unfortunately cloaking is currently a real problem. Technical it would be absolut no problem creating a similar cloaking system like in WC3. All we need is a sound and a texture-fading out system .

I wouldn't mind if I would even have to script the AI-cloakings everytime to give at least the correct gameplay feeling, even though every AI-fighter can cloak only once with that method (on the other hand, the strakhas I was flying against in WC3 usually didn't cloak a second time too :D ) By all the scripts I'm doing in the missions (i.e. to control that difficult AI), it wouldn't be such a trouble inserting some more.

But the problem with this situation is our alltime usual problem, we need a coder that finally start working on that. We can only wait, ask politly and take what we can get (though we received quite a lot of features in the past, it's not that they don't do anything, it's just taking it's time).

Personally I would hate releasing the maincampaign without any strakha fighters, but I'm at good hope that we will receive something in that direction.

As for the shiplist, it's like Lars said, we are not 100% fixed here. However, you can expect every WC3 ship in the game. Maybe some other visitors too (where the story and timeline allows it). Once the prologue is out, we will start updating the database with new entries too.

Also wondering is multiplayer in the works? Any info on that and what type of missions would be there. Also I remember Freespace battles dealing alot with missiles since most of the guns where almost usless. And that wing commander was more gun play than missile play. Are the laser weapons in this mod gonna deal more damage?

Multiplayer is in the works (somehow). But it will not be within in the first prologue release, sorry :( We will either add it additional to the prologue (if someone from the team will volounteer, because I really want to focus on the maincampaign.) Latest in the full game (which is still very far away) there will be a multiplayer in it.

As for the weapons, do not worry. The weapons balance is very very close towards the WC3 gameplay. Guns are your main weapons, and you got a few missiles that you should use wisely within a mission, since there is no reload available.

I think there is nothing left from the FS2 combat system :)

Starman

Another question I know that freespace had no gun auto tracking but has anyone modded it in and if so are you guys going to use it. Also are you gonna have all of the fighters player flyable for when people start making different types of missions or decide to duke it out online.

Stone said:
Another question I know that freespace had no gun auto tracking but has anyone modded it in and if so are you guys going to use it. Also are you gonna have all of the fighters player flyable for when people start making different types of missions or decide to duke it out online.
I'm not even sure there will be any need because (correct me if I'm wrong people) the Excalibur was only given to the Victory.

Technically, the Excalibur squadron that wound up on the Victory was transfered from the TCS Eagle, which made an ultimately unsuccessful attempt to penetrate the Kilrathi home system before the transfer.

However, in general yes, the Excalibur wasn't in wide release as of WC3, as far as we know (it was still under testing in Tamayo, not too long before the Kilrah run of either Blair or the Eagle's pilots). Or at least that's my understanding, my copy of the WC3 novelization packed away with all the other books as I'm getting ready to move.

Thanks for the quick response and interesting info but my questions still stand unanswered.

For that you'll have to look somewhere other than in my direction. I'm an admin for the boards as a whole, not for the Saga forum. :p

To my knowledge their hasn't been any autogun tracking so far. On the other side you won't have the Excalibure in the Prologue so till the final release that can change or not...depending on the SCP team.

Playerflyable are for sure all the human figthers that are in the Prologue release...means Arrow, Hellcat, Thunderbold and Longbow.

Man I keep trying to squeeze more info out of you guys and you guys keep a tight lip on the details of whats in the main release. Thanks for answering my question let me better ask one of them. When I meant playerflyable in the multiplayer side would we be able to use kilrathi craft. Keep up the good work I wouldn't mind seeing another screen shot release thread start up in here showing possibly new versions of the different types of craft that we would be seeing.

Its not that I don't want to tell you its just that I haven't looked into the script for the main release since I prefere to focus on one thing and thats the prologue.
Still their are rumors about the Excalibure...fine ship.... ^_^

About multiplayer in general...the prologue and main release have priority then comes the multiplayer part.
As for the Kilrathi fighters. Its easy to change them into player ships....but you wouldn't have any Kilrathi HUDs...at least at the current point of development.

Let us take one step after the other ok ^_^
Oh and for screeners...added that to the wishlist.

Sorry for bugging you guys but I got another question. I seem to remember the kirathi dreadnought in wing commander 3 had two hangers. In one of the hangers you could fly into some type of tunnel system that they had in there. Does anyone for that matter know what this was supposed to be or what it could of been for? I just remember how you guys fixed up that astroid base from wing commander 3 and was wondering your thoughts on this. Will it be included or are you guys just gonna just make the two hangers with no passageways.

Back