Mal's Next Model

Malcolm Reynolds

Rear Admiral
Soon I'll be releasing the final pics of by model of the TCS Tiger's Claw. I'm trying to decide what my next project should be. The three ideas I have are a Hornet, a Wake or one of those most excellent fan-designed Tolmacs class carriers. The Wake or the Tolmacs I'd like to build to scale with the Bengal. I'm having trouble deciding so I figured I'd ask the forums for their thoughts.

The Hornet: I'd like to do a big, super detailed Hornet model. Really flesh it out and detail it. This is an idea I've already started work on and could probably do the easiest.

Wake Class: The wake is a design I've always been attracted to. I'd like to come up with my own name and designation number and try to make it look like it could fit in the same fleet as my Bengal.

Tomacs: A great design. I absolutely love it. I'd need some help from the forums to find some meshes of this model. I know Howard Day made some really, really, pretty renders. I'm open to suggestions when it comes to naming. I believe Ninja LA had something to do with the creation of this design, if he or anybody who knows could help me with size, and other specs and finding a mesh would be amazing!

I do plan to build all of these models at some point.

Let me know what you think!
tbaldreehornet1.jpg
tolmacs00.jpg
fs2modmod14.png

The Tolmacs i used from Cybot (the Pic above) should be the light Cruiser in the WC1 Timeline. As we know from the Novel Freedom Flight the Waterloo are also in the WC1 Timeline. So my specs to this cruiser:

450m length
200m width
150m heigth
Around 16.000 tons Weigth (Gettysburg Class Battlecruiser 62.000 tons, Waterloo Heavy Cruiser 19,500)

Armament: 3 Dual and 1 Tripple Heavy Neutron Gun Battery, 8 Dual Laser Turrets, 2 Missilelauncher
Fighterwing: 18 (6 Hornets, Rapier, Scimitar) later (6 Ferrets, Epee, Rapier) and 2 Shuttles. For Capships the Scimitar can be equip with a Torpedo, also the Epee can carry one too.

This are the specs the ship will have in Enigma 2666 ;)

PS: I give you a pic from the model:
tolmacs hangar.jpg
There you can see the bay. Also the tractorbeams on the deck. There is an error in the pic: The other side of the bay are also open.

For Enigma I hope some can texture and rearmed the ship to the Saga style ;)

Back