Macintosh WC Demo Recovered (November 29, 2009)

KrisV

Administrator
A lot of fans have never experienced Super Wing Commander, a Macintosh and 3DO revision of Wing Commander 1 and the Secret Missions, featuring improved graphics, full speech and an entirely new set of missions. Our copy of the Mac demo was lost or damaged in a server move, and the only known source was an old magazine coverdisc from Inside Mac Games. We never did find a copy of that disc, but the demo recently resurfaced over at the Macintosh Garden! We've mirrored the file here (34 MB). Even if you don't own a Mac, you may still want to check out its unique Claw Marks and Playguide in electronic format.

--
Original update published on November 29, 2009

Last edited:
This is great news! I was going through old IMGs trying to find the disc with the demo on it with no luck...so glad it showed up somewhere else!

Great news indeed, everything WC must be preserved. I have a copy of SWC for MAC lying around for quite some years now and I hope to get to play it sometime in the future. I certainly hope to get myself a new PC until the end of the year and then maybe I'll try out that Basilisk emulator...

Basilisk 2 runs too fast on my pc :(
When I set SWC to maximum graphics sound/music etc it's still too fast to be playable! Basilisk 2 needs a timer.

Back