lt. col dekker

d3r3k

Spaceman
when you first meet dekker in the storage hold, he states that he is a veteran of repleetah and escaped a kilrathi pow camp.

now, it is my understanding that everyone (both sides) died in the final battle on repleetah. is it possible that he was captured there and then brought to the pow camp he escaped form?

I always thought of Repleetah as an ongoing battle where the same ground was fought over again and again over several years. Kind of like Ypres in space. There would have been ships bringing in fresh supplies and troops and taking away wounded. After all, that guy in the animated series was a veteran of Repleetah as well.

I would say he probably served there for a bit but was then transferred off, at the beginning of the battle confed and the kats seemed to at least vest a little into the planet, but afterwards it became worthless to both sides (as it was to begin with) and they stopped running ships out there.

Dekker could have been captured somewhere else (I would guess that) because again neither side really put to much effort into the planet.

d3r3k said:
now, it is my understanding that everyone (both sides) died in the final battle on repleetah. is it possible that he was captured there and then brought to the pow camp he escaped form?
Keyphrase: in the final battle. The fighting on Repleetah went on for something like a decade, and we have precious little info about what went on there for most of that time. Dekker could have been captured at any time during this campaign - given that he doesn't seem any younger than Blair, he could very well have been there from the beginning. So, that's ten years for him to get captured.

The window for Repleetah is even longer than the 2654-2664 ground combat discussed in Victory Streak. According to the Confederation Handbook, there was fighting at Repleetah from 2646 to 2651 as a result of the Kilrathi response to the Epsilon Initiative.

That said, we can pin down Dekker's service fairly closely. He was in a labor camp for four years and was liberated "a few" months before the false peace - which means he was captured around 2663/2664, towards the very end of the battle.

Repleetah veterans can't be too rare - 2nd Lt. Hector "Grunt" Paz from Wing Commander Academy also talks about serving there (and there's a series of flashbacks in one episode).

Back