Love Your Dad (June 20, 2021)

I just realized, bucky the buckshot armadillo from Rebel Galaxy Outlaw is probably nodding at this!

Considering that Privateer takes place circa 2669, that's a pretty damn old milk carton photo. I also have to wonder what century it's from since it uses the standard date format and not the stardate format you see elsewhere in WC...

Plus, hookers are expensive in the future (not that I know how much they cost these days). Math on that one - I figured that one credit in the WC universe was 4.65 USD (in 2013) based on the price of liquor (the "beer standard") when I was writing the RPG. 120 credits comes out to $558.

Only 120 cr? An FoF missile costs 100 ...

Considering that Privateer takes place circa 2669, that's a pretty damn old milk carton photo. I also have to wonder what century it's from since it uses the standard date format and not the stardate format you see elsewhere in WC...

Plus, hookers are expensive in the future (not that I know how much they cost these days). Math on that one - I figured that one credit in the WC universe was 4.65 USD (in 2013) based on the price of liquor (the "beer standard") when I was writing the RPG. 120 credits comes out to $558.

Both great observations (and exactly the ones we posted in 2005! :) ) https://www.wcnews.com/news/2005/12/18/writing-on-the-walls

That hooker also looks uncannily like the way Steve Tyler did back in the '90s (at least to me). Another reason not to shell out $550.

I mean, I'm okay with listening to Aerosmith, but...

Back