Last call for WCA DVD sets

*still* working on screenshots, guys. I hope to have a few by the end of the week :)

I know what NoMention means, about the whole eBay deal. Bootleg DVD's are a serious no-no on the site, yet as long as people can get away with selling a few sets, they'll risk their entire account to do so. A lot of people have their account revoked that way. A lot. It's something that I find not only immoral, but downright wrong.

I think we all owe a big thanks to the USA network for letting us have these episodes, scott-free. No only are we not stealing them, but we're all getting the rare chance to enjoy them... some of us, like NoMention, for the very first time.

Anyway, I think I've ranted enough for one day. Thanks again, guys, and I'll try to get those screens up within the next day or two.

Hey commissar, I think what you did was great mate and I think it is cool that other people want to carry on the work. This man was kind enough to encode and send the DVD's over to the UK where the series was never shown. He provided an essential service to all of us with pathetic modems and no patience. Nomention you carry the baton now and I hope that people can still see the value of the service being provided here, truly selfless people dedicated to a cause.

That is all I have to say about that

he got banned for spewing technobabble? or did he annoy people on other threads? *shudder*...

It wasn't technobabble - it was nonsense. I checked into it with the HTF guys before kicking him to the curve; his 'method' for getting rid of the logo was a collection of nonsensical and unrelated technical mentions.

Bandit LOAF said:
It wasn't technobabble - it was nonsense. I checked into it with the HTF guys before kicking him to the curve; his 'method' for getting rid of the logo was a collection of nonsensical and unrelated technical mentions.

Well, I used technbabble as a synonim to something fake, but hey, thinking again, he really deserved to be banned for saying all that crap... I've worked with Betas and encoding of stuff, and although I'm no Tech wiz on that matter, he really went way over the top.
And I like to see the Swabbie, so fine with me =)

PS: BTW, isn't he the guy who wrote a site about making a Centurion model that flies based on Tesla coils and stuff? He sounds like that famous guy who sends spam offering to buy spaceship parts so he can make a time machine to fix his life...

Finally got one!

Here's a screenshot of the first disc's menu. Keep in mind that each cell is animated with about 30 seconds of footage from its respective episode. Music is also playing in the background -- the WC main theme from the first game.

*finds out how expensive ink cartridges for his printer are :( *

Working today, finishing a few sets that were ordered this week. If you guys have any more questions, feel free to ask!

Attachments

• menus.jpg
    menus.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 241
erm... that screen shouldn't be in black and white ^_^

Give it a good click; you'll see the real, larger image ;-)

Well, I currently sell sets in two price plans. Both include shipping inside the US.

A basic set runs $10.00, and consists of only the four DVD's in individual jewel cases. It's a good deal if you're just interested in the series, itself, or if you'd rather make your own cases or labels instead of the ones I offer.

The deluxe set costs $15.00, but includes all 4 DVD's, stamped & labeled with cover art, inside 4 DVD cases with custom case inserts.

Both sets are still currently available; I just ran out to pick up more supplies today. I take payments by Paypal, yes, but if you would prefer to send your payment through the mail, instead, e-mail me and we'll set something up. I'm flexible :)

Thanks!

Commissar, are you going to continue providing these then? Not that I mind at all. If the time comes that you wish to no longer do this service, let me know. I don't have the case inserts so you can always send them to me and I can print them out. Just let me know what you decide.

I can send you the software I use, NoMention, along with the files I created that have the case inserts in them. That way, you won't have to worry about proportions, loss of the originals, etc.

Yeah, I still plan to call it quits June 1. I may keep the DVD files around for a few days (just in case you run into any trouble, but as of 6/1/2004, I will not be making any more sets.

*looks through closet for a torch to pass ;-)*

I am not going to be doing any modifications so I can just make an image of the discs that I currently have and use those. The digital extract of a digital disc is the same as the original but I'm sure you already knew that. I PM'd you with my email address. Feel free to zip up the JPGs or whatever format they are in and I will use those.

Commissar said:
The deluxe set costs $15.00, but includes all 4 DVD's, stamped & labeled with cover art, inside 4 DVD cases with custom case inserts.

Just curious - how do you go about burning your DVDs? I ask because I bought the complete series of Invader Zim on DVD. Two of the three discs don't work because he used a specific disc or compression or something (I'm horribly ignorant to all things involving DVD/R).

I'm definitely pining for the $15 set though - I can get you the money sometime this week after I get paid.

Commissar said:
Front page treatment? That would be great!!

Honestly, you guys have do so much for me just for letting me post in the forums. Front page news, though... I'd be honored. And I mean that.

Sorry, we got caught up in the E3 stuff last week. Should get to a front page mention soon. Thanks!

Also, I buy all my ink off ebay. It's worked great and is several times cheaper than store cartridges.

LeHah,

I use my iMac to burn the DVD's, using Apple's very own iDVD. It's a professional-grade program, specifically designed to burn DVD's with maximum player compatability in mind. I think the discs will run on between 88%-95% of the DVD players out there (so says Apple). That being said, I haven't heard of anyone who has had no luck playing the discs on either their stand-alone player or on their computer.

*smiles*

Wow... front page. This is unbelieveable!!

I agree Chris, eBay is great for lots of stuff, but ink.. I never even though of it. Might have to check that out ^_^

All right - Im going to place my order for the $15 version some time later this week.

Back