Lamest WC question ever?

Originally posted by cff

This is a proove BTW that inheritance is not only done by nuclear DNS, but also by mitochondrial (which you practicall only get from your mother). Also note that cloning only clones the nuclear DNS and not the mitochondrial - so no clone would be 100% even on DNS level...
so where talking younger twin then;) the way some people look at twins is natures way of cloning:D

Originally posted by AD
Ask Blair!:D

I dont remember if he actually did it with a Kilrathi... But he was offered the chance in WC4 (novel)

I wonder....I wonder.....

hehehe..reminds me of the TNN commercial...

Two guys are sitting in front of a Star Trek: Next Generation sign, with a Klingon chick on it.

Guy 1: Would you?

Guy 2: What?

The guy looks back at the picture for a second, and looks back at the other guy.

Guy 1: I would.

Originally posted by Excelsis
This has to be the most disgusting topic to date...::eek:

...not necessarily:

Try watching GYN surgery films at a Friday afternoon "liver conference" whilst downing pizza & beer. Did that during my residency...

Didn't bother me/us a bit, but most folks'd find that kinda disgusting, no?...

Originally posted by Ladiesman^

I wonder....I wonder.....

hehehe..reminds me of the TNN commercial...

Two guys are sitting in front of a Star Trek: Next Generation sign, with a Klingon chick on it.

Guy 1: Would you?

Guy 2: What?

The guy looks back at the picture for a second, and looks back at the other guy.

Guy 1: I would.

Yeah and that even worked. Belona Tores Paris was evidence of that.

HEY! We don't take kindly to your...kind here. Take your Star Trek words to the Star Trek forums. j.k. just being a troll. I like the analogy, but then again, Star Trek is not too much on realism.

As for Blair and the Kilrathi chick in WC4 novel, it never said he DIDN'T do it. And it kind of implied he did, being that he would've likely gotten disemboweled for "being rude".

Two words: Fur Suit.

Well, actually it's one word. So disembowel me.

The whole furry thing is pretty cool, personally, I don't have the cash to get into it (those things are expensive!)

Originally posted by Bandit LOAF
No. Completely separate organisms *don't* cross-breed. Heck, 99% of the time really, really similar organisms don't cross-breed.

Good point. Kinda like me with some chick from Afghanistan.

New lame question for you guys: would it be interesting to see a Kilrathi/Nephilim cross-breed? Wonder if it'd turn out as good as orc-humans from Lord of the Rings (Uruk'hai I think).

Originally posted by Wulf

Good point. Kinda like me with some chick from Afghanistan.

New lame question for you guys: would it be interesting to see a Kilrathi/Nephilim cross-breed? Wonder if it'd turn out as good as orc-humans from Lord of the Rings (Uruk'hai I think).

IIRC, Tolkien's orcs are just heavily modified elves that Morgoth got his hands on, and Tolkien does have mixed human/elf kids in his stories.
Still, Saruman being a powerful wizard and all, the actual creation of the Uruk-hai might have had nothing to do with genetics, but instead performed in roughly the same fashion that it occurs in the movie.

And if a female Nephilim and a male Kilrathi mated, would she kill him afterward, and lay eggs in his corpse?

Originally posted by junior
And if a female Nephilim and a male Kilrathi mated, would she kill him afterward, and lay eggs in his corpse?

The answer to that question could quite possibly drive you insane.

But does a chicken have lips? THATS the question you should really be asking yourself.

It works in Star Trek because they all came from the same race initially (including Humans). I forget what the race is called right now.

For Tolkien's races it's probably along the lines of Humans and Neanderthal interbreeding. If I remember correctly, they could and did, even tho they were different species.

Originally posted by Hoops
It works in Star Trek because they all came from the same race initially (including Humans). I forget what the race is called right now.

They didn't have a name...novels or something may have given them a name, but ST novels are worth about as much the toilet paper in my bathroom right now.

But yeah, apparently they were the first humanoids in the galaxy, found out there wasn't a whole helluva lot out there, got bored, and seeded life throughout the galaxy with themselves as a base.

It's obviously true, since races in ST CAN interbreed (we've seen: Human-Vulcans, Human-Klingons, Human-Ktarians, Bajoran-Cardassians, Human-Betazoids, we're supposed to have seen a Romulan-Vulcan, a 2/3 Human-Klingon), and these people put peices of a computer program into DNA...

we're supposed to have seen a Romulan-Vulcan,

Actually, there wouldn't be anything surprising about that one. Romulans and Vulcans are the same basic species. In fact, there was an entire two-part episode of TNG based around this premise (the one with Spock).

They split from the Confederation during the false peace (Fleet Action). They've also apparantly colonized a neighboring star system, as they have two systems on the Prophecy map.

...we're supposed to have seen...a 2/3 Human-Klingon...

Can't happen, leastways not by conventional (natural biological) reproduction. It has to be some fraction evenly divisible by 2, since only 2 parents are involved in producing offspring the "old" (read: FUN!) way...

3/4, 5/8, etc. MAYBE, but not "2/3's" human... Even though this is fiction, certain tenets must be adhered to, unless some plausible reason exists why NOT to:

Now, if the "other" race was some anomalous species that requires 3 separate genetic (ahem) "contributions" to produce offspring, THEN maybe you're barking up the right tree; but AFAIK, Klingons reproduce the same way we do, so that's a non-starter, unless the critter was made in a lab somehow...

Back