Lack of creativity?

LividLiquid

Rear Admiral
I was replaying WC2 again today, when I noticed a couple of things that bothered me.

Firstly, Stingray's wingman dies in one mission. His name? Dallas. As in Dallas from Prophecy.

Secondly, Spirit beats Blair in cards. Aces over eights. The same hand Vagabond wins with later on in the series.

Weird, huh?

Considering that Origin had a VP of Product Development by the name of Dallas Snell (who also happened to be the producer of WC2), all the Dallas/Snell references are not at all surprising. As for the character in WC2, he was, obviously, a different Dallas.

There is something that puzzles me, though... why on earth would you remember what cards Vagabond had? I forgot about a second after he said what he's got :).

[Edited by Quarto on 02-12-2001 at 04:47]

I know that it's not the same Dallas, and I remembered Vagabond's cards because I've played through Wing4 waaaaay too many times.

The basis for the two Dallas' name probably has more to do with Origin's location... (G)

The cards are the same because it's the 'dead mans hand', supposedly the last hand of cards Wild Bill Hickok drew before he... died.

Right and then of course Vagabond died :( that was the second most emotional death of the entire series of me. The most was Tolwyn's death, not becuase I didn;t want him to die (even though i didn't), but becuase of the Tragic Hero aspect and the Ohh How the Mighty Have Fallen. Angel's death came in a close third but since there wasn;t much time to get attached to the "real" person character, only a picture it wasn't as hard

Actually Spirit's death was the best for me, with Vagabonds a close 2nd. The worst death would have to be Dallas's. I mean, who didn't see that one coming from a mile away?

And you could see Hawk's death about a mile or two away as well, it was so obvious that with his *hatred* for the kilrathi that he had to die

Uhm, yeah, I'm fairly well-aquanted with Austin, what with living there and all:)

There's a bit of a feud between the two cities, though, which is to what I refer.

Hmm Hmm Hmm Hmm Hmm Hmm,
Hmm Hmm Hmm Hmm Hmm Hmm,
I got four queens.
FOUR QUEENS!

I remember it all well now. Just needed my memory jogged.

I never knew that about Aces over eights. That's cool that both times the cards were played... well... you know the rest.

Anyway, Loaf, you live in Austin? I'll have to look you up next time I'm in town. I have familly that lives in the Circle C area. My uncle even owns a dry cleaners on Guadalupe.

Well, I usually live in Austin -- I go to UT... but I'm home in Maryland because of that eye surgery business (G)

LOAF, what does the <G> / (G) mean? You're the only one I've noticed using it, and I've never worked out what it means. :(

Yes, it's a grin -- picked it up from LadyWhisper back in '96 or so when the smileys got too pop-culturey.

Back