Kotaku Bets on Wing Commander (June 13, 2010)

ChrisReid

Super Soaker Collector / Administrator
E3 2010 kicks off tonight, and the staff at Kotaku have put in their predictions for the week ahead. Two of the seven editors suggested a Wing Commander announcement, although both with rather long odds. All of their predictions can be found here.

Prediction (Odds)

* Wing Commander reboot announced - for consoles (500:1)
* EA unveils Privateer: Steltek's Lament, an all-new adventure in the Wing Commander universe 30,000:1)
* Sony unveils a new PSP this one with two thumbsticks. (1000:1)
* We finally hear something official about a new Syndicate. (50:1)
* Steel Battalion is revealed as Capcom's core Natal game (16:1)
* Hulu comes to Xbox Live (1:1)
* Microsoft acts as if the Zune doesn't exist (2:1)

--
Original update published on June 13, 2010

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm betting a dollar on this one:

"EA unveils Privateer: Steltek's Lament, an all-new adventure in the Wing Commander universe 30,000:1)"

It may be unlikely, but if it happens, I get both a new Privateer game and $30.000! :D

Steel Battalion as a [strike]Natal[/strike] Kinect game and the odds are only 16:1? Oh man where do I put money down on that?

It's nice that the series still gets mentioned places however it isn't nice when it is used as the absolute long shot example in a list of predictions

We need another Steel Battalion game really bad too. That was one of the few big losses of XBox 1 Live going offline recently (in that most are not a big deal at all with superior sequels available on the 360). I bet there's people doing the software based internet system link for that one.

It's nice that the series still gets mentioned places however it isn't nice when it is used as the absolute long shot example in a list of predictions

You can't ever get bummed about Kotaku though.

Back