Kilrathi smell

Aginor

Vice Admiral
Hi guys!
I'm really really sorry for posting this, but I must. At least I do it in off-topic, so please don't ban me!

Yesterday I continued reading in Action Stations and... they talk about how Kilrathi smell. And then I got this thought. You know, whether the description is fitting. And then... I grabbed my cat and breathed through its fur for a minute or so. And wow! My cat smells really good. I love it. No really. I'm not the only one who loves smelling his cat, right? right? Guys?

I mean, when she licks my face after she has eaten I don't like that much, or when she just used her litter box. But when she is licked clean and lies on her pillow or on the bed and I just grab her and cuddle her and put my nose in her fur she really smells... not the stench like a dog, and not like a animal in Zoo whose smell is also different than in nature I guess. It's more like, clean and also aromatic. I can't describe it properly. It is really fascinating.

Do you now what I mean? Or is this some kind of weird fetish I am alone with? I told my girlfriend and she didn't want to smell the cat so I got no witness or prove that it smells good. :(

Uh.........................................................................................................................................................................................yeah. Not touching this one...

I agree. Cats smell amazing. The only thing I don't like about playing Wing Commander is having to kill kitties. I would marry my cat if I could.

Perhaps I identify with Kilrathi too much? Has working on my Kilrathi mod made me insane? Or was I insane already?
I don't even remember since when I like the smell of cats. And maybe it is not all cats? Or it depends on the food, you know, like when people eat too much garlic they smell differently.
My cat eats mostly rather expensive dry food (I know several people who have made very bad experiences with cheap cat food) so maybe that is a factor. Perhaps cats eating mice and birds and stuff smell differently...

Also I finally decided to have an Avatar. I hope the Kilrathi assembly of clans doesn't sue me. :D

Maybe you should try it with a wild cat indeed, also, your cat smells clean because your house is also clean. A homeless wild cat with poor diet probably won't smell that nice(And claw your face open if you attempt, likely). But the cat itself and his fellow cats are likely less bothered by this smell then you would. And if Kilrathi are not bothered by it either, they probably smell like an outhouse and don't even care. Is there any reference of Kilrathi bathing themselves somewhere in the source material anyway?

Great... Now I have another goal in my life: Smell on a wild cat. I hope I will live to tell others how it smelled.

And if Kilrathi are not bothered by it either, they probably smell like an outhouse and don't even care. Is there any reference of Kilrathi bathing themselves somewhere in the source material anyway?

The only thing that springs to mind is Shotglass pointing out that "the Killie cats aren't supposed to like the water" - when referring to the starbase HQ in the Venice system. Thrakhath also tells Blair in the WC3 losing-path that Earth's watery environment is not one he has ever cared for. Kind of thin, but the Kilrathi are from a seemingly dry, arid world, it seems they're not keen on watery places and I can't think of any references to Kilrathi swimming. It seems there must be some fluids on Kilrah, as the cats can drink (think Su'kar Maya)....

Anyway, back on topic, it should be remembered that Kilrathi bare certain resemblence to Earth felines, but they're aliens from a different world, their fur probably isn't made out of the same stuff as cats, so I don't think there's really a comparison. I agree that the household cat smell isn't unpleasent, reallly, I'd rather sniff my cat than my dog if I had the choice.

At the end of the Academy episode Word of Honor we see a Kilrathi swim, although not for very long.

The only thing that springs to mind is Shotglass pointing out that "the Killie cats aren't supposed to like the water" - when referring to the starbase HQ in the Venice system. Thrakhath also tells Blair in the WC3 losing-path that Earth's watery environment is not one he has ever cared for. Kind of thin, but the Kilrathi are from a seemingly dry, arid world, it seems they're not keen on watery places and I can't think of any references to Kilrathi swimming. It seems there must be some fluids on Kilrah, as the cats can drink (think Su'kar Maya)....
I think it's high humidity that they dislike. When you have a built-in fur coat, it is very hard to sweat efficiently when humidity is high, especially if your species is not adapted for such high humidity. What we consider normal humidity would be swamplike to them.

I love how my really weird thread about how I like to breath through my cat slowly turns into an interesting one :D

Well, if the kilrathi read on what you do to their fellow feline, they'll probably get upset and then your weird fetish will be the cause of the terran-klirathi war :rolleyes:

Nooooo!!!
I would never hurt a kitty, I love cats! Kilrathi would like me :)
Also what do you mean with "do the their fellow feline", that sounds as if I was molesting my cat (which I'm not. Really.)
"Sniffing cats is not a crime!" (I should create a bumper sticker with that sentence)

I'm going to get rich by setting up a ten-foot pole stand just outside this thread and charging everyone exorbitant prices for things not to touch it with.

My girlfriend says I already look like a Kilrathi (I have a full beard right now but that might change soon), growl like a Kilrathi when something won't work while modding, and our little Kilrathi seems to like me even more in the last few weeks (although I can explain that one. We have some new cat treats she loves).

So either I am transforming into a Kilrathi (which means it is normal I like cats and their smell) or I am just turning into a furry maybe? Or maybe one of those: http://xkcd.com/629/

Also did I mention that one of my favourite things with cats it when they sleep in bed, on your pillow, and they are purring and you can snuggle with them and doze off. That's awesome! The only downside may be that in the morning your mouth may or may not be full of kitty hair.

Ok the fact that you mention a Furry just really scares me had a guy I worked with into that and I have to say it is not normal lol

Back