Kilrathi Saga under win2000

Mancubus

Rear Admiral
Hay. i have a chance to get Kilrathi Saga quite cheap (from a friend) and i have a question: is there any chance to run it in win2000? if that's possible, how can i do it? :confused:

note, that i haven't got it yet, so i can't just test it right away, and i can't borrow it right now:confused:

It will be hit-and-miss, but you'll definitely need to activate the "compatibility mode" tab in your file properties...
Please find the instructions below (astute readers will see that I've "stolen" it from a standoff FAQ)

A Guide to Windows 2000:

1. Make sure you are running Windows 2000 Service Pack 4 with the latest version of everything (drivers and directx).
2. If you have not yet, run this command in start > run: regsvr32 %systemroot%\apppatch\slayerui.dll
3. Create a shortcut to wc1.exe (*not* to the launcher)
4. Bring up the shortcut's properties (right-click menu) and enable Windows 95 compatibility mode (which will now be enabled from the above step)
5. Run dxdiag in start > run, go to the Sound tab, and completely disable audio hardware acceleration (slider all the way to the left)
6. Run the game *using the shortcut to wc1.exe*. Use the launcher only to bring up the options menu.

I'll also refer you to this thread, which contains more interesting information.

Back