Kilrathi Saga for sale

NoMention

Rear Admiral
I am selling my copy of the Kilrathi Saga and wanted to offer it to anyone here on the list before I put it up on Ebay. The discs are in mint shape and it comes with the flight manual. It is all 5 discs with their original cases/spines that say Kilrathi Saga. I purchased this for $125 and I would like to get $100 but I would be willing to negotiate offers. I built a DOS system and no longer need this Windows version. I would prefer to play it in DOS anyway. I originally only wanted this for Wing Commander 1 + 2 since I already had 3 and 4. Now that I got my DOS system working properly, I don't need the Kilrathi Saga and I would prefer to have the money for other things. I will also be selling one of my extra copies of Prophecy that I have. Please IM me if you are interested.

NoMention

What color discs are they and what kind of binding does the manual have? (I'm interested in finding the silver kind of KS).

No, there were several different publishes of Kilrathi Saga, with some minor differences in appearance.

I'm definitely interested. I could always use a second copy.

TopGun said:
That's cheap for Kilrathi Saga

I know.
The problem is that my paychekc is not in dollars, and I have rent, energy, gas, telephone, bradband, cellphone bills to pay...

Well, the discs themselves are silver and have the silk screened image of a kilrathi face on it. I don't really know what "other" ones are out there since this was the only one I ever seen. As for the binding, the flight manual is the normal binding type. Nothing fancy. Like I said, I'm not really out to make a profit from this. I bought it for $125, played all of them all the way through to experience the Windows version and am willing to sell it for $25 less. I missed out on buying it when it first came out for $30 because at that time, Windows still ran with DOS and I never envisioned a time where DOS went away. Now that I have my Windows 98 / DOS computer, I really don't need this anymore. In fact, I like the original DOS versions better. They bring back the true memories of the series I suppose. I would prefer to hand it over to someone here that will appreciate it rather than put it on Ebay. If I don't get anyone interested by Friday, I'll post it up on Ebay.

NoMention

That's cheap for Kilrathi Saga
I wouldn't say it's cheap, but it is a real fair price. - Cheap is what I payed a few weeks ago: 59€ :) - But anyway, it's still lower than the average, that's true.

P.S.: Yes, I got mine via ebay...

I just recently got back into playing Wing Commander. I bought the Kilrathi Saga when it hit the shelves way back when but I honestly never played it much. I just shelved the discs until recently. I was shocked to see people have paid $125 for this set and are saying that $100 is a good price for it. Just how much was it when it hit the shelves? I can't remember how much I paid, but I really can't imagine I paid more than $50 for it.

Prefer DOS?

Why would you prefer playing it in DOS? Is there a difference? Does the program's performance suffer because of the upgrade? Can't it still be played in DOS?

Ultimatar said:
Why would you prefer playing it in DOS? Is there a difference? Does the program's performance suffer because of the upgrade? Can't it still be played in DOS?

Graphics are worse in KS. Gameplay has some more bugs. Sound might be better or worse depending on your sound harware (DOS is better if you got excellent midi hardware).

Graphics are worse in KS.
That's strange, that's the only thing I didn't notice :confused:
Gameplay has some more bugs.
Yes, that's right, too bad :( - but at least not too much...
Sound might be better or worse depending on your sound harware (DOS is better if you got excellent midi hardware).
The music is different for sure, and I agree, it depends on your own, which one you prefer more. But I wouldn't say Windows sound is worse. But I can't tell for sure, cause I've only tested it with DOSBox and my old SB-16 (or was it normal SB?) ISA.

seem to remember seeing a picture of a copy on eBay with the original price tag affixed from CompUSA for $49.95.
:) Now I'm feeling even happier, that I only payed 9€ more. :D :cool:

Back