Kilrathi Saga Disc One

UCFKevin

Rear Admiral
I got the Kilrathi Saga a while back but lost disc one in a move, and it sadly wasn't installed onto my computer at the time, so I have no way of making the games work at all. Specifically Wing Commander 3. Any ideas?

If you had WC3 installed, you'd be able to launch that, but without disc one, there's not a lot you can do. At this point, getting the DOS versions of each of the component games is probably the best solution. DOSBox makes WC1/2 very easy to play, and WC3 works well if you have a powerful enough system.

It some time I touched KS, but don't WC1 and WC2 completely install from the last disk of the set? I think only WC3 needs the first disk.

Kilrathi Saga discs 2-5 are basically Wing Commander 3. KS disc one includes WC1, WC2 and the installer for WC3.

Hi Pilots!

I think it fits in this forum, so if it doesn't i apologize and recommend that it is moved by an admin.

I Got a problem. I'm searching for an original DOS-Version of Wing Commander 2. I got the KS-Version and it sucks on my Computer. I know how to fix that in DOSBox, but the only thing i find in the Internet is a french Version (from an Abandonware-Site). I don't speak french and would like to play it in english. Is there a DOS-Version with Speech files? And if there is one, where can I get it from?

Cya!
Aginor

Dude, no one here is going to help you to dl an illegal copy of WC.
I think you can get banned for that.
You should look for a legal copy on half.com or ebay or similar sites. The DOS versions are really cheap (from time to time), or so I've heard.
As for the KS version, you have to use Win 95/98/Me compatibility mode for it to work properly.
This has probably already been answered in detail in the 'tech support' section. (Do a search)

A cursory search in the Games section of ebay calls up a handful of hits on WC2 Deluxe (on CD, with speech pack and all that), starting around a few bucks and going up from there. Another place to consider looking is the discounted software bins of local computer and/or game stores.

(IIRC there was an EA Classics version of WC2 Deluxe as well, but I won't swear to that.)

Sure, that takes time/money, but unlike asking about warezed copies, you won't be violating the Rule 11 of this forum, which was one of the rules with which you agreed to comply before you were allowed to post to this forum..
11) Linking to, offering, requesting, or hinting at the whereabouts of warez, abandonwarez, copying games or other illegal content, can result in immediate banning.

LividLiquid said:

haha, how weird... if that was around when i was looking for a KS copy i woulda bought it instead of paying 150$ for all 5 cds... i just wanted KS for the redone versions of WC1/2 ...Even though they managed to make it somehow that WC1 works in XP... while wc2 doesn't work in XP... so i ended up having to play WC2 Deluxe... atleast until i get unlazy and setup a dual-boot system with windows 98.

Tripmeister said:
haha, how weird... if that was around when i was looking for a KS copy i woulda bought it instead of paying 150$ for all 5 cds... i just wanted KS for the redone versions of WC1/2 ...Even though they managed to make it somehow that WC1 works in XP... while wc2 doesn't work in XP... so i ended up having to play WC2 Deluxe... atleast until i get unlazy and setup a dual-boot system with windows 98.
There's still some time for the price to skyrocket.

Yeah, I recall seeing it when it first came out and thinking, "Eh, if I don't get it now, I'll get it later."

WHOOPS.

Anyhoo. Problem solved. Thanks for those who wrote in.

@ Confed: Sorry, I think you misunderstood. I didn't say that I wanted to get it for free. I just saw it and thought that would be legal. (As you may know, there are games which are free after the publisher recognized that there isn't a possibility to make money with it. I thought: "WC2 is that old, it could be free!" Well, I obviously was wrong... ) And as you read in my post: I already have that game, just wanted to have a Dos Version. The KS Version runs without sound...

Whatever... Sorry for the rule violation, won't happen again.

@ all: Thanks for the info, I'll try that.

Aginor said:
I just saw it and thought that would be legal. (As you may know, there are games which are free after the publisher recognized that there isn't a possibility to make money with it.
This is really only true for Freespace. There is no such thing as abandonware, and those hundreds or thousands of old games that you can download from such websites are there illegally.

Back