Kilrathi Cruiser & Destroyer

Cam

Spaceman
Just started work on my two Kilrathi ships for my movie. Here they are now:

wc.kships.jpg

So much frigging work needs to be done for it... I say in a year. I haven't even rewritten that script I'm supposed to rewrite. Heh, but if modeling continues to progress smoothly as it is now, I can do some minimal animation this summer.

I'd love to compliment you on these latest ships, but Kilrathi capships from WC3 were just so damned ugly :p.

I wouldn't say they were ugly.....

Well, they kinda were, but I always liked 'em anyway.

Again, Cam....you rock. And roll.

I like both the Wc3 and Wc1 Kilrathi CapShips,I think that the Wc2 Kilrathi CapShips are Ugly !!!

Yeah personally the WC3 style of Kilrathi ships really seem to be the most consistent (probably because they switched to 3D and wanted an excuse to keep polygon levels down)--they even tied in the designs with their culture, thereby making the old designs seem totally not in tune with their culture. Everything in WC1/2 seemed so rounded and ... smooth looking.

Yes,Cam is correct.The Wc3 Kilrathi assymetry Fighters/CapShips fit better with their warlike culture...And especially Wc2 ships look from another universe compared to the Wc3 ones :p

Anyway

Someone please go into WC3 and take some screenshots of the bottom of the Kilrathi heavy destroyer for me! I have no idea where the turret placements are on the bottom.

Here are the turret placements for the two Kilrathi ships:

wc.kdest.wip01.jpg

wc.kdest.wip02.jpg

wc.kcruiser.wip01.jpg

wc.kcruiser.wip02.jpg

Please let me know if I have my turret placements wrong.

Do not listen to the detractors. Great things await you in the world of Wing Commander.

Well the Ships Database here at the CIC says it has 15 laser turrets--so I gave it two AMGs because there are two turrets that are way bigger in the game model on the top and bottom, so I interpreted them as AMGs.

Hmmm, just 2 AMGs? That's strange, I would have expected three or four, especially for a cruiser-size warship.

Do you know where on the heavy destroyer the trio of tachyon turrets will be?

Nope. You'd have to ask someone with WC Saga or WC3 running. To me they all look roughly the same size so I am texturing them all the same (what gun type they are is not relevant to me because the models will be turned into wrecks anyway). It would be interesting to find out though. I would've expected more AMGs on the Kilrathi cruiser as well however I could not see any other large turrets on it--so I am assuming there are only two (although there are quite possibly more).

Cam - I just finished Priv:RF and I'm starting WC3 next, I might come across your answer in a little bit as I tend to enjoy stripping hte capships of their armament before I destroy them (makes it a bit tougher that way :) )

C-ya

Back