Jumping in

Hey guys, here's another one...
This time it's my Confederation class model, the TCS Markham making the jump in-sys. Comments? Critiques? Complaints?

Jump-in.jpg

Looks great. but I thought that when jumping in and out of systems the color that it makes is a blue rip in space. The picture below looks like you just destroyed another ship. The model looks very good though. :D

Did not know that very interesting. were they different in the normal games as I always remembered them as Blue in the cutscenes origin did?

Looks ok save for the color. Mabey next one we can see more of the ship comming out of the jump.

but I thought that when jumping in and out of systems the color that it makes is a blue rip in space.

Ah well, I was trying to go for a WCMovie-esque kind of feel to it. Guess it didn't really fly. (no pun intended LOL)

Mabey next one we can see more of the ship comming out of the jump.

LOL, yeah, well... The reason it's not coming out more is because that's pretty much all I have done on the model:D ... I figured the half jump thing might put the half-model to good use.

Now that I've got a bit more free time I'm going to finish up the ship though. Then for the interior...:eek:

The blue/teal color is one thing, but it's a minor point.

The thing that makes it look out of place is the "form" of the jump point. In the game(s), it had a more structured look to it: Spiral formation, if memory serves.

The presently amorphous shape/form of the "rip" in the picture below (I agree with the previous remark by DDPlague) makes it look as though the ship is exploding. Re-do the shape of the rip so it looks more like a portal of sorts (which essentially is what it is, after all...).

Gd wrk on the model, though (what little of it we can see...). :cool:

Hmmm, well, I guess trying something new didn't go over to well after all... LOL:D Just kidding. I'm going to give her another try, maybe put it blue and swirly... but I found that it looked pretty...:(

Originally posted by Corsair(pilot)
Hmmm, well, I guess trying something new didn't go over to well after all... LOL:D Just kidding. I'm going to give her another try, maybe put it blue and swirly... but I found that it looked pretty...:(

Don't get me Wrong its damn cool I just wasn't used to the new color of the Jump Rip as I always remember them being blueish. The model Is very sweet looking and even if it does look like its running from the backdraft of a ship it just decimated. :cool:

I mean by definition if you did that (think of something cool, tell him I said it) it would be plagerism. I was just kidding anyway dude:D I wasn't being serious as I expressed two big grins and claimed to be laughing out loud.

Back