John, I need your help...

Happy

Spaceman
I finailly got the WCIV DVD double sided, and i get a script 112 error, doubt anyone knows what that is.

John, u got it working withg ur Dxr3 in XP Pro didn't u?
if so, what am i doing wrong.
i tried compatibility options and everything short of a 9X dual boot.

I don't know what a script 112 error is, but this is what I did.

First, did you completely run widows update? Make sure you keep running it till you get every update. Go to CL's website and get the latest Drx3 XP update, I believe it's still beta. Update your video driver. The Disk Detector icon in your system tray, make sure the default DVD player is the PC-DVD The target should be "C:\Creative PC-DVD\station.exe". Make sure the Dxr3 calibration program was run.

I never get this kinds of errors. :confused:
It's should didn't make a deference but make sure you have the latest "JRE" Java update. http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4/download.html

Originally posted by Happy
I finailly got the WCIV DVD double sided, and i get a script 112 error, doubt anyone knows what that is.

John, u got it working withg ur Dxr3 in XP Pro didn't u?
if so, what am i doing wrong.
i tried compatibility options and everything short of a 9X dual boot.
What exactly was you doing when this error happen.

it happens when it tries to install.
it does it at the logo at about 45% pre-install.
for now im doing a dual boot with 95.

I also had all the newest updates and drivers.

If it's happening during istallation than it has nothing to do with the Dxr3 card. You do have admin rights? Run defrag and chkdsk. Disable virus scan.

Originally posted by Happy
which version of XP Pro r u using, i have the enterprise edition.
The enterprise edition only means you have a site license and don't need to activate it. I am using version 2002 but that only means that some of the patches release after the original release of XP where added to it. The problem has to be with your system's setup. Discribe your system. Run defrag and chkdsk. Disable virus scan.

i fixed my issue, i was overdue for a windows re-install.
GD windows, GOD bless Linux!!

my next question is, what joysticks work with the WCIV dvd in XP. my Saitek Cyborg 3d gold usb jolly stick doesn't work, do any usb joysticks work with it? how about in 98?

any joystick that works in the OS should work in WC4 DVD. It uses DirectX for controller input...

well, being that my joystick works with WCP and not WCIV DVD i'd be lead to believe otherwise.
but i could be wrong.

Good question, I don't know. I'm having the same problem with WC4. Both Win98/DVD don't like my Wingman Interceptor (non-usb) under XP. I was thinking of getting a usb joystick but I am dual-booting with 98 so I am going to wait. Maybe try the new USB 2.0 driver at www.usbman.com

Back