Jack in the Box has Super Soakers

ChrisReid said:
They don't have them throughout the US, just the West and Middle Coasts.

Where's the Middle Coast? :) It was my understanding they are only in the south and then on the west coast?

Maj.Striker said:
Where's the Middle Coast? :) It was my understanding they are only in the south and then on the west coast?

Yeah, LOAF's on the Middle Coast and he has them there. The Middle Coast includes Texas/Louisiana and a bit of Mississippi and goes all the way up to your Michigans and Wisconsins through Missouri and Arkansas.

It's just a fast food chain comparable to Burger King, you're not missing that much. In'nOut Burger is far superior.

Well I agree that Jack in Box is a lot like most other food chains but I wouldn't say it's the same as Burger King (BK has really taken a dive recently in my opinion...their commercials aren't the only thing that stinks). Jack in Box would be more comparable with the Hardees of Yore. :) I'm sorta fond of B-Bops here in the midwest...

Bandit LOAF said:
Nope, no Jack in the Box in the Northeast.

It is very good, though, as fast fooderies go.

There used to be though, my dad worked as a fry cook at one when they were still in New York back in 1977.

I always heard great things about them. Don't they have a Ultimate cheeseburger or something?

In Brasil we have thousands of Mcdonalds and the only other chain is Bob's, and it is 100% brasilian. its food is better than McD's, but they are the worst trained humans in the globe. But they do offer the best shake in the southern hemisphere, the OVALTINE one. BK has been trying to enter the country for years, but for some legal reason or other, I think they just recently opened the first place in São Paulo. Oh, we have KFC now, but they have just a few stores.

Arby's and Subway have tryed their luck, but failed, which is sad, because I really liked both.

Domino's is pretty strong, and so is Pizza Hut on most major cities BUT in Rio, where they went down because of crappy managent.

Ovaltine? <raises eyebrow> What the hell, is Brazil stuck in the 30s?

(A bit of context: Ovaltine used to be king in chocolate stuff (particularly hot chocolate) until recently, when Carnation and Swiss Miss (which are infinitely more popular) became available. For Americans, on a cultural level, they're most associated with the 20s and 30s, though they kept up til the 50s. It was *cheap*, and in the Depression, that mattered.)

Edfilho said:
Arby's and Subway have tryed their luck, but failed, which is sad, because I really liked both.

Arby's would be pretty good if it weren't for that plastic derivative they try to pass off as cheese. Subway would be pretty good if it weren't for Jared.

Who's Jared?

Concerning Ovaltine, here it is called Ovomaltine, and is something you put in the milk. And it is more expensive than the "normal" chocolate-to-put-on-the-milk products like Nescau (nestlé) and Toddy. The shake is really the best, they barely mix it, and the crunchy ovomaltine flakes are great.

Back